PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question on Puddingstone

carpanglerdude
10-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Heading out to Puddingstone for the first time. I'll probably target bass, but my buddy going with me wants to bring some fish home to eat (read: sunfish, trout, catfish, etc).
I'm completely a newb to Puddingstone-is there a certain shore/bank access area that would make for a good spot for the above fish?
I'll probably be bringing corn, bread, and maybe some worms for bait (plus the bass gear).

And no, I'm not going to eat the bass:LOL:

TonyLisa
10-09-2009, 06:34 PM
try the east shore and right next to the swim area youll see alot of gills thats my favriot spot

old pudd fisher
10-09-2009, 07:00 PM
try the east shore and right next to the swim area youll see alot of gills thats my favriot spot

Yes thats a good spot. I love the pudd but don't get your hopes up to high, It's a hard lake to catch fish to eat but the gills are plentiful in the coves this time of year. Bobber small hook and meal worms is what I use, good luck.

carpanglerdude
10-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the info guys! I certainly hope we catch some fish, since we gotta pay to get in from what I hear.

Tight lines!

old pudd fisher
10-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Ya it's ten bucks damn! Try the piers to it's a hard one sometimes. Don't for forget the gills they work out pretty good and you can eat them if you get a lot.

CL SmooV
10-09-2009, 09:39 PM
yup, hit the east shore up. baits that have worked for me have been wax worms and millies for the gills. for the bass try some swim baits and fish them at a depth of no more than 6 feet. if you go deeper you may get tangled in the water growth. pick your casts wisely. try some crawlers too. good luck.

smoov

aoessand
10-10-2009, 12:37 AM
i was told by the lady on the phone its free now? WTF

carpanglerdude
10-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Update on the trip: Fishing turned out to be pretty fail. The east shore was getting some nasty waves from the boats on the water, tough day. Walked around to the south side, spotted a thick school of 'gills, but they were really wary, refused to hit bait or lures. Did miss a few hits from decent 'gills closer to the piers.

However, the trip wasn't a complete loss-the water levels seem to be down alot and we found a lot of bass lures:

5 plastic worms, various types
1 Rattletrap
1 Swimbait (shad)

I think those end up costing roughly $10+, so at least we got our entrance fee back, in lures!:LOL:
Here's a little something to leave you all with, thanks again for the tips!
http://i35.tinypic.com/a2bwqc.jpg

dudelove
10-12-2009, 02:53 PM
i was there to with my son and two nephew we caught nothing not even a single bit never had any luck at that lake

CL SmooV
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM
sorry to hear bout the swing and miss trip.

pstone can be tough indeed. fish were probrably holding in deep/calme water from the jet ski water derby they have there.

weekdays provide better fishing conditions.

if you are up to it, try castaic. lower lake has a good lmb bite. the upper lake has a ok striper boil pattern. i'm sure you can yield some catches there.

tight lines,

smoov

Thisfool
10-12-2009, 05:49 PM
any idea when they are going to start stocking trout in this lake i live to near to this lake to not fish it