PDA

View Full Version : good wood for making swimbaits!!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-08-2009, 08:22 PM
whats a good good type of wood for making swimbaits?????? im going to dabble in it im really good with my hands so im going to try it out ..i have a very steady hand from years of tattooing and have a mind for creating great things and have alot of good ideas... i think a tattoo artist mind set making a swimbait can only come out good.and if not i will have fun trying ... im learning how to air brush as well

flyforfish21
10-08-2009, 08:31 PM
i think bass wood is supposed to be good. you can use balsa, would good for floaters...hit up whitney, he's made some pretty good stuff. Try swimbaitnation.com and hit up the question forum.

that's all i can tell you for now...Good luck in the swimbait venture, make some sick baits...tattoo some patterns on em!!! lol

Flyforfish21

vanillagurilla
10-08-2009, 09:01 PM
it dosnt mater what kind of wood. just use a good sealer. my homie jeff made some outa sticks he found at the park and a mop handle and hammers fish. id say some kinda hard wood. balsa is easy to work with but its not very strong.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-08-2009, 09:23 PM
it dosnt mater what kind of wood. just use a good sealer. my homie jeff made some outa sticks he found at the park and a mop handle and hammers fish. id say some kinda hard wood. balsa is easy to work with but its not very strong.

yeah ive known jeff since i was about 8years old :Smile: i was with him today fishing a local whole..i have one of his baits.... but when i make things i want to use the best type of materials cause iam picky like iam with tattooing also

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
i think bass wood is supposed to be good. you can use balsa, would good for floaters...hit up whitney, he's made some pretty good stuff. Try swimbaitnation.com and hit up the question forum.

that's all i can tell you for now...Good luck in the swimbait venture, make some sick baits...tattoo some patterns on em!!! lol

Flyforfish21

thanks geoff i'll have to check that out man thanks for the tips

matt duarte
10-08-2009, 11:51 PM
you can use pvc decking that works well cause it doesnt need sealed and it floats.. but a lot of people use cedar, or....damn i forgot the rest if i remember ill post them up

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-09-2009, 12:02 AM
you can use pvc decking that works well cause it doesnt need sealed and it floats.. but a lot of people use cedar, or....damn i forgot the rest if i remember ill post them up

thanks dude im going to start out simple i already have some sick designs ready very realistic

Hometown
10-09-2009, 06:50 PM
thanks dude im going to start out simple i already have some sick designs ready very realistic
i would think ceader to be a good choice i know ceader albacore plugs work great

WARRIORMIKE
10-10-2009, 11:16 AM
your said "good wood" uhhh uuh uhhuuhh!!

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/bandb.jpg