PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 10/07

Loye
10-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Yea so I havent been fishing in like a month,which is totally unheard of for me. SCHOOL CONQUERS MY FREE TIME pretty much,but yea.... decided to get out of the concrete jungle of Pasadena and venture up to Castaic this afternoon for some bassin;. Never had fished Castaic, but heard its probably one of the hardest hit lakes in the state. Anyways fished from 2-7. Nothing was goin man, threw jig and craws,worms,cranks,rtraps, and a 6" hammer for largies. Fished mostly north of the west ramp and later moved toward the west ramp where I was throwing krocs,bucktails,and small poppers for these stripers(never caught or fished for em). And nothing was goin dude. There were a bunch of guys and the ramp throwing top water, but didnt see anyone hook up. Yea so basically I need some advice for this lake or should i try Piru from shore next time ? Im probably going to try to make it out this weekend,cause i need to fix my bass fishing withdrawls since moving down here. Oh well.

karlow
10-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Fish 6lb test, and floro will help.

ondal
10-08-2009, 04:50 AM
well, i usually try to avoid shore fishing the exact time you went. unless you are chasing after boils at the west ramp, afternoon bite pretty much sucks (from shore).

RamboBoy
10-08-2009, 06:21 AM
Yea so I havent been fishing in like a month,which is totally unheard of for me. SCHOOL CONQUERS MY FREE TIME pretty much,but yea.... decided to get out of the concrete jungle of Pasadena and venture up to Castaic this afternoon for some bassin;. Never had fished Castaic, but heard its probably one of the hardest hit lakes in the state. Anyways fished from 2-7. Nothing was goin man, threw jig and craws,worms,cranks,rtraps, and a 6" hammer for largies. Fished mostly north of the west ramp and later moved toward the west ramp where I was throwing krocs,bucktails,and small poppers for these stripers(never caught or fished for em). And nothing was goin dude. There were a bunch of guys and the ramp throwing top water, but didnt see anyone hook up. Yea so basically I need some advice for this lake or should i try Piru from shore next time ? Im probably going to try to make it out this weekend,cause i need to fix my bass fishing withdrawls since moving down here. Oh well.

dude, look for striper boiling, then casting the lure