PDA

View Full Version : SARL Oct. 14, 15 16 TROUT

Troutman65
10-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Well, I just read that SARL will be stocking trout next week. I need to get my trout fix. Its been almost 6 months. :EyePop: They are stocking Jess Ranch Ruby Reds Rainbow trout. The next week they are stocking Mt. Lassen Trout , after that the Nabraska Tail walkers. Two of them I have never fished for before. The Mt. Lassen trout its been some time since I landed one of them bad boys.

So , I was just wondering the intrest in a Team 57 trout fishing fun day at this lake . I would perfer a week day but if a weekend is when most can go then so be it .

Tell me what you think ?

JHDucky
10-07-2009, 05:48 PM
I was thinking the same thing, as far as trying for a trout fix. I'm in fishing withdrawl. I was thinking of Corona on Friday. I have never fished at SARL but would be willing to give it a try if there will be a group there to meet up with.

Troutman65
10-07-2009, 06:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing, as far as trying for a trout fix. I'm in fishing withdrawl. I was thinking of Corona on Friday. I have never fished at SARL but would be willing to give it a try if there will be a group there to meet up with.

JHDucky, I am not opposed to fishing at Corona ( Hope they get the trout stock. Maybe check on that. :LOL:) If a majority of people want to go there than that would be cool .

I live in Orange County and SARL is close to me.

We got a week to figure this out.

Basicly, Get out the trout gear and shake off the rust. :LOL:

Myself at Corona Lake a few years ago

[url=http://imageshack.us:4fcf9]http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6867/im000071we3.jpg

JHDucky
10-07-2009, 07:06 PM
I've heard the water level at Corona is low. SARL would probably be a better place.

billstoudt
10-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I was at corona on Monday, word is that their first trout stock is coming on the 15th.

Poxy Boggards
10-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Looks like it's going to be another good season for SARL and Carona. I am down to hit up SARL on Thursday. Let me know. I can't wait until January/February...Should be epic!

Troutman65
10-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Looks like it's going to be another good season for SARL and Carona. I am down to hit up SARL on Thursday. Let me know. I can't wait until January/February...Should be epic!

:LOL: Ok So Thursday sounds like the day at SARL

:Cool:

I need my trout fishng fix .

Troutman65
10-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Ok , it looks like Thursday the 15 th at SARL for some trout fishing

Copy and paste your name to the list.

1. Troutman65
2. Poxy Boggards

shy_boxer
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Patrick...I might make an appearance if I can get my car back. My brother in-law is borrowing my ride! I don't want to take my benzo to the lake! Good luck and hope to feesh with ya soon!

JHDucky
10-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Count me in.

1. Troutman65
2. Poxy Boggards
3. JHDucky

Troutman65
10-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Patrick...I might make an appearance if I can get my car back. My brother in-law is borrowing my ride! I don't want to take my benzo to the lake! Good luck and hope to feesh with ya soon!

Hey Steve, I sent a PM . Call if you want me to come pick you up and drive.:Big Grin::Wink:

Troutman65
10-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Count me in.

1. Troutman65
2. Poxy Boggards
3. JHDucky

Cool JHDucky. I am sending you a PM.

Troutman65
10-08-2009, 04:52 PM
1. Troutman65
2. Poxy Boggards
3. JHDucky

Troutman65
10-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Ok this was brought to my attention . Fishing at SARL during the night session. I have never fished at night at SARL for trout. I always have gotten up early in the morning and get that first AM bite.

So , that being said should we do this during the night session or the morning session? I really do not care as long as I fish for some trout.

Maybe more people would be willing to come and fish during the evening session?

What are your thoughts ?

Troutman65
10-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Ok, This is on for the AM Morning session

1. Troutman65
2. Poxy Boggards
3. JHDucky

MAN VS WILD
10-09-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm in for an AM session on Thursday!!!! =)

1. Troutman65
2. Poxy Boggards
3. JHDucky
4. MAN VS WILD

low dsrt jon
10-11-2009, 06:10 AM
Lets pound a few beers it'll make the price seem better on the rubie :Envious: dubies and the notailfin :ROFL: puddlewalkers

Troutman65
10-11-2009, 03:33 PM
I have decide to bring my webber 22" kettle BBQ. If you know me then you know what that means. If you do not then your in for a treat. Not sure what the Grill master will be Q ing up but will be very tasty. If you want to bring something to throw on the grill that would be cool also.

I figure we fish hard in the early AM and when the bit slows thats when the BBQ will start.

This is the kick off for trout Season ( So. Cal. Style :Big Grin: ) It will be fun times .

Sue
10-11-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm in! Why the hell not.........especially if you're bringing your grill!

Troutman65
10-12-2009, 03:55 PM
1. Troutman65
2. Poxy Boggards
3. JHDucky
4. MAN VS WILD
5. Sue

Looks like the rain will not be a factor. Keeping my fingers crossed. :Wink:

Troutman65
10-13-2009, 10:51 AM
I am leaning towards Carne Asada tacos w/ all the fixings for the BBQ. It just sounds good.:Big Grin:

evalrez
10-13-2009, 11:09 AM
I have decide to bring my webber 22" kettle BBQ. If you know me then you know what that means. If you do not then your in for a treat. Not sure what the Grill master will be Q ing up but will be very tasty. If you want to bring something to throw on the grill that would be cool also.

I figure we fish hard in the early AM and when the bit slows thats when the BBQ will start.

This is the kick off for trout Season ( So. Cal. Style :Big Grin: ) It will be fun times .

A.M. Session, I'm jealous! Wish I could make it out there for some awesome fishin in the A.M:Crying:......work :Rolls Eyes:

vanillagurilla
10-13-2009, 11:33 AM
dont wana burst your bubble TM but looks like rain wed-monday :(. its ok those trout will be in there a while then. hopefully you guys get some fish b4 the water turns.

Troutman65
10-13-2009, 11:40 AM
dont wana burst your bubble TM but looks like rain wed-monday :(. its ok those trout will be in there a while then. hopefully you guys get some fish b4 the water turns.

From what I have seen of the weather Thursday should be a good day. I have rain gear . I think it will be good fishing on Thursday. Been nice and cold the last week at night ( for So. Cal . :LOL:)

This is just a chance to get out and fish for some trout.

Troutman65
10-13-2009, 11:42 AM
A.M. Session, I'm jealous! Wish I could make it out there for some awesome fishin in the A.M:Crying:......work :Rolls Eyes:

There will be plenty more of these trout sessions. :Big Grin:

Troutman65
10-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Ok Carne Asada tacos is what I will be bringing to BBQ. I will be bringing 5 to 6 pounds of Carne Asada meat, corn tortillas, diced tomatoes, onions, cheese, ( all the fixings ) . I would bring your own Favorite hot sauce. ( Its easier that way :LOL::Wink:)

JHDucky said he will bring paper plates.

I would also suggest that you bring your own beverage to drink. I always bring what I want to drink. If you will be drinking water all day then bring that . If your going to be drinking beer then bring your own beer. Simple.

evalrez
10-13-2009, 12:29 PM
There will be plenty more of these trout sessions. :Big Grin:

Awesome! :Thumbs Up: Definitely looking forward to that :Big Grin:

Troutman65
10-13-2009, 01:32 PM
1. Troutman65
2. Poxy Boggards
3. JHDucky
4. MAN VS WILD
5. Sue
6. Special Guest.

Yes, Thats right . There just might be a Special Guest showing up.

And it is not who you think .

I just got a PM from them ( that means they are still on FNN )

I sure hope that they can get the time off to show up and fish :)

JHDucky
10-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Hey Troutman65, thanks for suggesting this and organizing it. Even if I don't get a bite, which I doubt, it is a chance to get out from behind these walls. I'm glad trout season is back down here.

Troutman65
10-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Hey Troutman65, thanks for suggesting this and organizing it. Even if I don't get a bite, which I doubt, it is a chance to get out from behind these walls. I'm glad trout season is back down here.

I am glad your on board for this fishing adventure JHDucky.
I have not fished SARL for over a year and a half. I would like to catch some trout. If I do not thats ok too. I just enjoy being out doors and with good people and having fun. To me thats what its all about . If you catch a trout its a bonus . If one thinks like that they always will have a great time fishing.

I really think SARL has been listening to us fisherman on FNN and are going to do a great job this year briging in the trout we all want to catch . Quality Nice size fish for us to catch.

:Cool:

Poxy Boggards
10-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Man I can't wait to get out there and test out the new gear I bought over the summer. Hopefully the fish will be hungry.

I can bring something to contribute to the BBQ. What should I bring TM65? I can get some killer Brats and Hot Links or a tri tip, let me know...

I am coming prepared with a set up for cats as well, if I get lucky maybe I'll have some fresh MAC incase the trout are a no show.

dfisher
10-13-2009, 02:30 PM
looks like its gonna be a nice day, have fun out there. I have the dreaded "Work"

Troutman65
10-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Man I can't wait to get out there and test out the new gear I bought over the summer. Hopefully the fish will be hungry.

I can bring something to contribute to the BBQ. What should I bring TM65? I can get some killer Brats and Hot Links or a tri tip, let me know...

I am coming prepared with a set up for cats as well, if I get lucky maybe I'll have some fresh MAC incase the trout are a no show.

You got new trout gear ? :Shocked::LOL::Wink: Sweet.:Envious:

Bring what ever you want to Wes. I got the Tacos covered.

You should still be able to catch CATFISH .

I hope SARL is reading this and will do a super job stocking for the opener. :Wink::Big Grin:

We really want to catch some trout .

Troutman65
10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
looks like its gonna be a nice day, have fun out there. I have the dreaded "Work"

At least you got a job.:Big Grin: I am unemployed right now . :Sad:

Thanks for checking out. There will be other trout fishing Sessions like this . Once Trout Season gets under way I am thinking of a Weekend day thing.

troutdog
10-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Good luck out there guys...hopefully the fish don't show up after 9am like they did last year when I went. That was a snaggers wet dream and a bummer for the legit fisherman, hopefully there are no delays or foul weather issues to hold up the goods this time around!

TD

Troutman65
10-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Just to be clear on the people coming so I can bring enough Carne Asada tacos and fixings please add to the list next to your name plus 1 and so on. Thanks I do not want anyone to go witwout tacos . :Big Grin:

1. Troutman65 solo as of now
2. Poxy Boggards + 1
3. JHDucky ?
4. MAN VS WILD ?
5. Sue
6. Special Guest. ?

Troutman65
10-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Good luck out there guys...hopefully the fish don't show up after 9am like they did last year when I went. That was a snaggers wet dream and a bummer for the legit fisherman, hopefully there are no delays or foul weather issues to hold up the goods this time around!

TD

The trout are to be stocked the day before ( Wednesday ) according to the web site . I am thinking Thursday will be great trout fishing

Thanks TD. Hope you can make it last min. :Rolls Eyes::Wink:

If I see any Snaggers by me it will be :Smash: time for sure.

I think the weather will be perfect for trout fishing.

Always be perpaired for anything. Dress warm. Yoou can always peel off layers as it gets warmer. If you gaty rain gear bring that also just incase. I doubt that it will be raining on Thursday. They say this storm is fast moving and it will have moved on by Thursday.

JHDucky
10-13-2009, 03:21 PM
1. Troutman65 solo as of now
2. Poxy Boggards + 1
3. JHDucky +1
4. MAN VS WILD ?
5. Sue
6. Special Guest. ?

Hitts0n
10-13-2009, 11:37 PM
I just might show up...im off that day and we will see what the weather is !

Troutman65
10-14-2009, 12:06 AM
I just might show up...im off that day and we will see what the weather is !

COOL Hitts. You know how I roll. :LOL::Wink::Cool:

Looking forward to you joining us for some trout slaying at SARL !!!!

Sue
10-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Woowoooo!!! Trout fishing tomorrow! Hurrah! :ROFL:

Troutman65
10-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Woowoooo!!! Trout fishing tomorrow! Hurrah! :ROFL:

Yep, I am getting ready to go shopping for tomorrows BBQ.

I hope all my open jars of Power Bait are not dried up. :LOL:

Troutman65
10-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Weather man say its going to be 80 * tomorrow. :Shocked:

Should be great early AM fishing then nice BBQing weather at the lake.

Thinking of driving down to SARL and ask about the stocking that was to go in today. (I live fairly close to the lake )

Poxy Boggards
10-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Can't wait! I have to get my gear ready this evening, and put some line on my new reel. See you all tomorrow morning.

Sue
10-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Yep, I am getting ready to go shopping for tomorrows BBQ.

I hope all my open jars of Power Bait are not dried up. :LOL:

Do you need me to bring anything for the BBQ?

Troutman65
10-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Do you need me to bring anything for the BBQ?

No Sue. I think I have everything covered. I know the amount of people I have to buy for and I am good.

Bring whatever you want to drink for yourself.

This is a BYO ( Bring your Own ) beverage event.

Thanks for asking.:Big Grin:

I got to get going if I am ever going to get anything done today. :LOL::Wink:

Troutman65
10-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Can't wait! I have to get my gear ready this evening, and put some line on my new reel. See you all tomorrow morning.

:LOL: I hope my line is still good from 6 mo. ago. I just do not have time to change it . Ok I am being lazy. :LOL:

Troutman65
10-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Ok, I went to SARL and just as I pulled up to the entry gate the Jess Ranch stock truck was leaving. I waved to the driver. :LOL: Always nice to see them bring in trout.

Anyway, I talked to Holly ( I think that was her name. ) I told her who I was and what was going on tomorrow. She told me the spots that were stocked. ( Have to do your homework ) I also was in contact with a good friend that gave me some pointers on fishing SARL as I had not fished this lake for about a year and a half.

I hung out for about 10 min.

I then went to the Longfin in Orange. I got some Lip Ripper trout worms. I had to buy something. I really was looking for some Garlic Power Bait . They had none. They are expecting to get a 200 + bottle shipment very soon. Call ahead to make sure they have it in.

I then went to the Mexican Meat Market in Stanton. ( Western & Cypress ) They have been there for years and have the best Carne Asada you can buy. I got 9 lbs. of Carne Asada . I hope that will be enough . LOL

I still have yet another store to go shopping for the taco fixings.

So, everything is looking Great for a fun day tomorrow .

See you there.

JHDucky
10-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Hey Guys and Ladies, I have 3 3/4 jars of the Garlic Power Bait that will be open to share along with other colors. My wife and I will be there before opening, what time I don't know yet. She is not much for early wake ups.

Troutman65
10-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Hey Guys and Ladies, I have 3 3/4 jars of the Garlic Power Bait that will be open to share along with other colors. My wife and I will be there before opening, what time I don't know yet. She is not much for early wake ups.

I like to sleep in also. But when its trout Season in So. Cal. I am up early and ready to get some trout on the stringer.

I plan on getting there at 5 AM but might get there earlier becuse I am sure its going to be hard to get to sleep thinking of the great day that awaits us .

I finished shopping for the fixings and odd ends. All thats left to do it dice the onions, cilantro , tomatoes , grade the Jack cheese. Pack all of it in the cooler .

I got my beverage already in the cooler chilling. :LOL:

Then pack the Webber BBQ.

Pack the trout gear.

I think I am going to need a bigger truck. :ROFL:

See everyone tomorrow .:Big Grin::Cool:

Troutman65
10-14-2009, 07:11 PM
One thing that I was told that to use Small split shot weights. I am sure I have some and can share. If anyone coming tomorrow can bring some extra for others to share it will help get more fish onto the stringers.

This is one way that I plan on fishing tomorrow

"Split Shotting" For Trout, Bass, Crappie
By far the most popular technique while using Lip RipperZ Trout Worms and quickly becoming a west coast favorite. The simple technique requires a small split shot placed approximately wo to three feet above the hook. Light wired hooks are preferred as they give the trout worm more bouyancy in the water. Owner masquito hooks are recommended in sizes varying from #8 - #16, with #10 being the size of choice. Now its time to hook the worm. Simply thread the hook down the worm, starting from the top (the end nearest to the worms vein). Continue threading the hook down the worm until you get to your desired spot. Another easy way of hooking the trout worm, is to simply stick the hook in and out of the trout worms vein, a simple and productive way of hooking on the worm.

Troutman65
10-14-2009, 07:20 PM
1. Troutman65
2. Poxy Boggards +1
3. JHDucky +1
4. MAN VS WILD
5. Sue
6. Special Guest. ( Not One_Leg )
7. Frenchy Said he was going to make it out
8. Hitts On Same with Armando

Sue
10-15-2009, 01:09 AM
I will SO be there, but I am heading out to the hospital as I have a massive gash in my hand from falling over tonight and it looks like stitches.....grrrrr.
If I'm not there at 5.30, I intend to be there shortly afterwards!

MAN VS WILD
10-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Not going to able to make it. Had to do my brakes today and I needed rotors and a caliber. $300 now I have no money to go fishing :(
Have fun everyone. And i had everything ready to go.

FISH ON!!!

KaliDawgFan
10-15-2009, 10:41 AM
I am heading out to the hospital as I have a massive gash in my hand from falling over tonight and it looks like stitches.....grrrrr.

It just wouldn't be a trout season without Sue gashing herself.