PDA

View Full Version : HARBOR / BAY FISHING OFF THE DOCKS

TARHEEL15
07-02-2007, 08:15 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE RULES AS FAR AS WHAT AREAS ARE OK TO FISH FROM IN THE BAY AND HARBORS OF THE OC BEACHES. CAN YOU JUST GO TO ANY DOCK AND START FISHING OR ARE SOME PRIVATE AND SOME PUBLIC? PLEASE HELP. WANT TO TRY NEWPORT THIS WEEK BUT NOT SURE WHERE TO GO.

ThemBastards
07-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey Tarheel I believe the public docks have blue railing on them. I know other people on here can help you out with actual locations, I have only been a couple times. You do need your ocean stamp if your going to fish the harbor though.

sonarbp
07-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Try this map for starters!!!!! It has some of the many public docks shown along with other great places to fish at newport harbor!!!

http://fishingnetwork.net/socal/newportmap.htm

Good luck!!!

spiceguy
07-02-2007, 01:15 PM
I don't like that map. Too many "red lines" in my neigborhood...

sonarbp
07-02-2007, 01:29 PM

LOL :lol: sorry spiceguy....that map is on the site!!!! :shock: Might ask F57 to change it before your hood becomes over run!!!!! :shock:

SanDimasLMB
07-02-2007, 01:56 PM

LOL, half of the good spots I fish aren't even on there 8)

willis949
07-02-2007, 11:16 PM
All public docks are clearly marked with a white sidewalk and blue letters with PUBLIC DOCK written on it and have a sign posting the times when it is legal to fish.10 pm to 6 am I believe.Its no secret where these docks are.They are around Balboa Island the Peninsula and Little Balboa.Some get alot of boat traffic but these people that are keeping their "secret spots" are dilusional.If you expect a spot to be empty on the weekend it probably wont be but when you throw lures you are bound to get better quality fish and can fish around any bait fisherman.That is if they dont have four poles each.