PDA

View Full Version : Castaic in the evening 10/06/09

fishinone
10-07-2009, 10:34 AM
I took a walk with my wife up at the West Ramp last night. We walked around to the first point with trees. Connie was kind enough to let me carry my fishing pole and take a detour down to the water while she walked a ways further and them sat at the picnic table in the trees.

The birds were feeding on the point before I started climbing down. As I walked the last 15 yards down to the end of the point a couple guys in a boat swerved hard and pulled up on the point and started casting. I took the other side of the point from them and started casting.

On my first cast I had big fish roll on my lure about 8 ft. from my rod tip. It was a decent striper, 4-5 lb.

On the second cast I had a dink miss the lure in the same spot.

On the third cast I hooked up and landed a dink striper about 1 3/4 lb.

Three casts later I caught another dink about 1 1/2 lb.

Look at the way this one is hooked.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/10-07-09/Striperhooked3times.jpg

There was little danger of it throwing the hook. I had a tough time getting those hooks out without tearing him up.

Both fish were released, in good shape.

I fished a little while longer and had a couple follows before I had to leave so we could get back to relieve the babysitter. I fished for 25 or 30 minutes total.

jeff4321
10-07-2009, 10:41 AM
that guy in the boat was me and ryan..

fishinone
10-07-2009, 10:51 AM
that guy in the boat was me and ryan..

Did you guys see boils on the point? I was watching my feet and I didn't see boils right then.

jeff4321
10-07-2009, 10:56 AM
we saw a couple risers here and there no real boils today, except for 1 that went absolutely nuts back by the bouy line.