PDA

View Full Version : Native Gal's Aqueduct cat 10/5, pixs

Native Gal
10-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Hey fishn' guys and gals :Big Grin:,
Decided to hit the duct up last night since the winds died down up here in the High Desert. Been a lil over a week and a half since I last fished the duct and I had good action then so I have been itching to get back. Hit up the duct in Hesperia area this time and I managed to get this 5 lb cat. My newbie fishing buddy had a good solid hit a half hour later but set the hook to soon and too hard so he missed out. Stayed only a few hours because it got cold.
The water level was high with little to no movement and very, very little moss. Can't wait to get back out there tomorrow, I am in search of the bigger models. A few weeks ago I caught one a lil bigger than this but could not get it out of the duct. Had some friends with me but one had recent back surgery and I didn't want his wife to try to net it out. The water level then was wayyyy low. Tried to pull it out but my line snapped and we watched it slowly roll back into the water. My friends were tripping because it was big and the wife had recently bought some new fish seasoning and was ready to run home with it and get it cooked :ROFL:.
Oh well, I will be back. Thanks for reading.

Tight Lines all,
NG
:Envious:

Fisherman57
10-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Very cool!
Congrats on the kitty! Thanks for sharing the report!

Troutman65
10-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Nice CATFISH :!!!:

Thanks for posting up :Cool:

billstoudt
10-06-2009, 02:05 PM
nice catch.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-06-2009, 04:58 PM
wtg on the 5lbr, i guess the duct is still live and kicking....how bout the striper action??? Thanx for the read..
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/motivator64460ec3f39e76bc2fcc29d3eb.jpg

trail blazer
10-06-2009, 06:04 PM
WTG again MLEEGAL!!:Big Grin:,,TEAM 57 OOOOYAAAAA

Ive noticed that the duct has not intimidated you 1 little bit,,IM IMPRESSED!:Wink:

Xlnt job ,,from a fellow duct fisherman to another duct fisherwoman.

PS
going to have to get a long handled net for those biguns,,Kahn of KPN lures has the best one ive seen,its extendable ,you might PM him for the style and brand!!

Mine is just a cheap net attached to a swimming pool vacume pole

TRAIL BLAZER

scca
10-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Nice kittie cat you picked up. Congrats !!!

Wingnut
10-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Another nice report NG, very nice Kittie. :Envious: You're becoming a Duct addict. :Wink:
Really great to see you getting more fishing time in, keep up the great job! :Cool:

Native Gal
10-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the replies Gents!!!
FISHERMAN57- Thanks Dana, you are too cool. Sooo did I earn the KVD t-shirt, LOL.
TROUTMAN65-Thanks!
billstoudt- Thanks!
BIG*GAME*HUNTER- Thanks! Action has been good for me the last 4 weeks. No sign of Stripers down this way, I have been keeping an eye out. I will be heading a lil ways up North for Stripers soon though.
TRAILBLAZER- Team57 representin, Yeah Baby!!! I do love the duct, fellow duct addict. I enjoy your Striper reports, can't wait to head up towards Palmdale soon to hit them up. Figuring out the duct hasn't been too bad, I move around alot from Hesperia to Phelan. Out of the way places, changing bait frequently to see what works for the day. When it's on it's on. Yeah as soon as I get some extra $$ I am getting a HUGE extending net. The night I let the big one get away my friend was going to bring his net but forgot it, he was going to let me hang on to it for a few months. That night the water level was wayyyy low. BTW, I used 2 clips on my cat and I had my newbie friend use 2 clips on his fat cat he caught a few weeks back. Years ago I lost one and since have been using 2 clips. Great point to bring up though, for those new to fishing, thanks!
SCCA- Thanks! I hope to catch a larger SCCA model soon, :Big Grin:.
WINGNUT- me addicted, :EyePop::Shocked: (how I must look thinking about the next duct trip) . :ROFL: I love the duct, it is bad having the new addiction sooo close, 15 min or 30 min I am there, Yikes! Good thing Mike isn't here, we would be there every night. I need more fishing buddies here so I can hit it up more.

NG
:Wink:

Greg Madrigal
10-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Hey nice Kitty there NG! Congrats. I enjoyed the pics..U look to be in ur element and that is cool by me!!

GM<><

Sparky70
10-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Mleegal,

Don't want to sound like a nit-wit, but what is that clip U talk about?:Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes:

sansou
10-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Nice job Native Gal!

Looks like you caught some really nice catfish! Good job!

Native Gal
10-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Greg Madrigal- Thanks, it was a pleasure meeting you at Legends.
Sparky 70- Just the clips on the stringer. Years ago I had a huge trout break one of my clips and now I use 2 for bigger fish.
Sansou- Thanks, I enjoyed your most recent Salt water excursion. It was a pleasure meeting you at Legends also.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Kitty Killa'....nice job....nice feesh...slay them motha's !

Congrats !
Gary

Sparky70
10-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Mleegal,

Sounds like a good idea to me!

Thanks

Mondo21
10-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Nice lookin' Kitties Native Gal. Thanks for the pics and the report. Can't wait to get out there with you. Cindy:Big Grin:

diamondbear
10-09-2009, 11:49 AM
perfect size for eating , to bad for the one that escaped . you'll getem again .

TroutOnly
10-09-2009, 12:38 PM
NICE KITTYKILL,,,,N/G,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-09-2009, 12:48 PM
NICE KITTYKILL,,,,N/G,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o
Answer Ur phone bob