PDA

View Full Version : Rams news Troutdog

Troutman65
10-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Rush Limbaugh reportedly is making a bid to buy the NFL team.

ST. LOUIS (Oct. 6) - The lowly Rams have someone who loves them. Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh said Tuesday he is teaming up with St. Louis Blues owner Dave Checketts in a bid to buy the Rams, owners of the NFL's longest losing streak at 14 and just 5-31 since 2007.
In a statement, Limbaugh declined to discuss details, citing a confidentiality agreement with Goldman Sachs, the investment firm hired by the family of former Rams owner Georgia Frontiere to review assets of her estate, including the NFL team.
Limbaugh also declined to discuss other partners that might be involved in the bid, but said he and Checketts would operate the team.

Forbes magazine has estimated the Rams franchise has a value of $929 million.
Frontiere's children, Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez, inherited 60 percent of the Rams when their mother died in January 2008. Billionaire Stan Kroenke of Columbia, Mo., owns the remaining 40 percent. It wasn't clear if the Limbaugh/Checketts bid was for 100 percent of the Rams or just the share owned by Rosenbloom and Rodriguez.
"Our strategic review of our ownership of the Rams continues," Rosenbloom said in a statement released late Monday. "We will make an announcement upon the completion of the process."

DarkShadow
10-06-2009, 01:18 PM
If this goes through, there goes the Ram's chances of having a black quarterback in the near future!

;-)

(Yes, I went there)

Troutman65
10-06-2009, 01:22 PM
If this goes through, there goes the Ram's chances of having a black quarterback in the near future!

;-)

(Yes, I went there)

Why do you say that DS?:Confused:

DarkShadow
10-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Why do you say that DS?:Confused:

Uhhhh....

here's a hint:

http://espn.go.com/gen/news/2003/1001/1628537.html

How about

"Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it ."

Troutman65
10-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Uhhhh....

here's a hint:

http://espn.go.com/gen/news/2003/1001/1628537.html

How about

:EyePop: I did not hear about that DS. Thanks for posting up.

Maybe this prevent him from buying the Rams :???:

DarkShadow
10-06-2009, 04:31 PM
At least the Rams will be playing through painful injuries as they know exactly where to get the Oxycontin from!

(These things just write themselves, itellyouwhat)

The Angler
10-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Rush is the biggest Drug addict/Racist/ Hypocrit alive this guy is a ****** idiot, i can't Belive he has that kind of money to buy a franchise. He's Probably getting fat payouts from other racist Republican Politicians that he backs so much. I f uckin hate this guy with the passion:!!!:

troutdog
10-07-2009, 07:25 PM
This would be almost as bad as having Al Davis own the team:Shocked:

TD