PDA

View Full Version : Lobster report for this weekend.

Redkorn
10-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Redondo is dead for lobster.....all the guys who were snaging all year round have fish out the lobsters...there aint jack...only short females. Still saw ppl snaging :Twisted: Why? if they cant afford they should not try it. And the took a large lobster that way. When one of us asked they pulled the "no hablan Inglés" crap. PPL like that make me sick...

BrownTrout
10-06-2009, 11:14 AM
just curious, how do you snag lobster and fish? i mean how is it possible? never seen anyone doing it before but then again i havent been on a pier in years.

kwest10
10-06-2009, 11:28 AM
call the DFG hotline. But the DFG is more interested in harassing licensed hoopers

Troutman65
10-06-2009, 11:32 AM
From What Trollmiester says they ( Lobster Poachers ) Know exactly what they are doing and have it down to a tee. After they snag it they pass it off to someone else , they hide it while walking to a car with a cooler and stash it there and wait till the next Lobster is Poached . Ratbastards:!!!:

These Ratbastards are super slick at Poaching. They will get busted one day.

Redkorn
10-06-2009, 02:08 PM
just curious, how do you snag lobster and fish? i mean how is it possible? never seen anyone doing it before but then again i havent been on a pier in years.

you toss out a snag line...big weight...and about 15-30 treble hooks close together like a squid jig. with chunks of squid.

They act like they dont know what there doing is wrong....I know there must be one or two them on this fishing site or know ppl there who are doing it.

Next time I go which should be during this weekend or week...I will take there pics and post them all over the internet and make a youtube vid with a wall of shame theme.

bruce watson
10-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Call fish and game and take out your camera and start taking pictures. Don't forget auto license plate shots. Remember, your camera has a telephoto lens.

Re8elmonk0341
10-06-2009, 10:56 PM
you toss out a snag line...big weight...and about 15-30 treble hooks close together like a squid jig. with chunks of squid.

They act like they dont know what there doing is wrong....I know there must be one or two them on this fishing site or know ppl there who are doing it.

Next time I go which should be during this weekend or week...I will take there pics and post them all over the internet and make a youtube vid with a wall of shame theme.

I've even seen one man grab a bunch of used old fishing line. Put a weight and a hook on it (to hold the bait) He was snagging crabs and lobsters that way as well. I guess when the bugs/crabs walk up to the pile of string their legs get all caught up.

I would see it all the time at Redondo Pier while I'm hooping. And every year I would notice more and more people doing it. DFG is never there. Like kwest10 said, they're too busy harassing us the licensed fisherman.

I wonder what will happen if we took picture if these known poachers and post like a "wanted" flyer on or around our local piers. Kind of like a missing dog or cat flyer......Just a thought.

Redkorn
10-07-2009, 04:54 PM
I've even seen one man grab a bunch of used old fishing line. Put a weight and a hook on it (to hold the bait) He was snagging crabs and lobsters that way as well. I guess when the bugs/crabs walk up to the pile of string their legs get all caught up.

I would see it all the time at Redondo Pier while I'm hooping. And every year I would notice more and more people doing it. DFG is never there. Like kwest10 said, they're too busy harassing us the licensed fisherman.

I wonder what will happen if we took picture if these known poachers and post like a "wanted" flyer on or around our local piers. Kind of like a missing dog or cat flyer......Just a thought.

Well then you've might have seen me hooping on the pier then...Ive only met 4 guys with all the right gear ang gages on the pier. Might be going on Thurs or Mon or tues.

Re8elmonk0341
10-07-2009, 09:35 PM
I live in La Mesa now and don't go to Dondo anymore. I wasn't a "regular" I only went there when I was bored and din't have the cash to take out the boat.

kansasguyinCali27
10-11-2009, 07:49 PM

I see that a lot @ Santa Monica. It gets hella annoying when there are a bunch of them crowded up close to another, and they hog all the good spots. I asked a couple why they do that when it is considered illegal, and they just look at me weird. At SM, it mostly hispanics that snag bugs, but i've seen a couple of asians do it from time to time.

fisherman from long beach
10-12-2009, 03:42 PM
I too have noticed many "illegals" fishing and illegal fishing done on public piers...funny lil pun. Yes I do notice that most of the illegal lobster fishing is done by mexicans. Times are tough..families need to eat! Pescado de libre!! With the economy the way it is, I see alot of mexicans and their families coming out to the pier for some free illegal fishing so that they may have something on the dinner table. You can see the desperation...husband, wife, one toddler, one three year old running around the pier + a couple more...it's 3am, husband is looking at his 5 fishing poles, wife is huddled up sleeping in foldable chair with baby in her arms. 5 fishing poles means it's not just for fun and experience of fishing...it means "Chingaso! MY CHILDREN ARE STARVING!!" And I do agree, the "Yo no hablo ingles.." is a cheeseball line...but truth is, many can't speak english too well...can't read either. Not saying can't read to make fun of mexicans (although it's funny and sad), but I've never noticed any mexican fisherman throwing back white croakers (even while there were notices up and down the pier warning of health concerns from eating croakers). I tried to warn one poor-english-speaking dude...pointed at his fish and then pointed at the sign, said "peligroso de consumir" and pointed at his several little children....he replied with "fish tacos", I said "okay, that aint my kid eating poison". burnie for a "Everyone in the United States should know English" America.
W.T.F! if thats not bashing then wtf is.kick back with racial profiling,i dont know what race you are but with the (everyone in the u.s comment) you must be of the white race.so chill with your comments.

10-12-2009, 04:44 PM
nope I'm not white, I'm mexican-american. Sorry it is a bit bashing, but wanted to give a reason why so many fellow mexicans are illegally catching lobsters from other guy's post. Truth is, it's free food and the economy is bad. Plus I'm not saying all mexicans can't read or are ignorant, just a good majority of the non-english speaking ones that fish for dinner. Calm down!! English is the universal language of this nation, you have a better chance in succeeding in life if you can speak it. I consider myself sort of a gringo, I can speak spanish, but not my strongest suit. If I planned on going to Mexico to live, I'd probably brush up on my spanish because spanish is the language out there. If you plan on coming to the US, you'd probably want to know some english, unless you don't mind less opportunities. Calm down with your "wtf"s and racial profiling bs, just addressing a previous post.
thats even worse your bashing your own people.if you had such a big problem with it you should of told them something,and then you could of gave them a english lesson.mexican american? (i consider myself gringo).huh :ROFL:chicano!

Re8elmonk0341
10-12-2009, 09:08 PM
I don't think the fight is with us who's doing it the right way. I've been to Dondo Pier a few times and have seen Mexican, Asian, Filipinos, and even whites doing it, I Think for the most part most are noobs and don't know the rules and regulations of lobster hoopin. I've talked to some of the snaggers that did speak or understood english and most of 'em said they thought that's how you did it from the piers because that what they see others do....Monkey see, Monkey do, I guess. I think if signs were put on public piers then that might stop or slow it down a bit. And I don't agree with the "times are tough" BS b'cuz we all know you can walk into a Wal-Mart and pick up some cheap hoop nets for a fraction of the cost of the Promar ones and go hoopin. If they can afford 5 poles the fee to park and what ever chow they bring out then they can afford 2 cheap or used hoop nets. I've been out when I've caught more crabs on my eclipes then the snaggers.

10-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Sorry to hurt your feelings lil angry fishermen in LB. Didn't know you felt so strong about replacing english with spanish in the US. At least we know we have a hero for the hispanic child molesters and drug dealers. Angry "lil Fishermen in Long Beach" will fight any mexican cause! Good luck to all fishing out there (mexican or not)... angry fishermen in Long Beach catch spare rubber tires and dirty old shoes. Seacrest out!
check it out (burn one).nobodhere is gettin his feeling hurt,i dont know where you came up with child molesters,and drug dealers.:EyePop:but since you seem to worry what people catch at the piers ,have the balls to say something to them,dont come on the fnn,and bash people do something about it.but when you seem to come on the net you just want to bash mexicanos that aint right,because its all races!i come on this net and never once bashed anybody because of what they catch or say anything about another race,or say idiotic things like this is america so speak english.lolgo grow some balls and have the heart to tell poachers that there not following the rules.

Fat Albert
10-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Hey BurnOne sounds like ur a Pocho, and if you don't know what that is, then Shut ur Piehole before some Mexican does it for you.. Sounds like you talk ***** on your own people all the time, all you are doing is putting yourself and your family down. Wanna be Mexican...