PDA

View Full Version : Best Waders for 50 - 65 degree water

BBfish
10-05-2009, 10:27 PM
So... what do you think????

breathable? How thick? stockingfoot or boot? new to the wader world!

These will be used on a float tube

BB

Juventino
10-06-2009, 09:11 AM
I use these and they work great keep me dry and warm. I just used therse in 64 degree water up in the mountains and the kept me warm. the only thing that was cold was my hands. I would recommend these and my some footwear for the waders.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_44332____SearchResults

BBfish
10-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks....

We'll see about those... a little on the small side but they probably have some that are adult size

BB

LBSea
10-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Warm Ones! Actually I use breathable waders at the beach and the Sierras. It is all how you layer under your waders. I have skiing thermals and wool sox that I wear when it gets cooler and that seems to work for me. The key is to have waders that are large enough to accomidate layers of clothing.

bsp
10-06-2009, 07:21 PM
It depends on how much you want to spend, but go with stocking foot for the float tube so you can put on fins. Breathables are nice if you have the money, and Simms makes the best ones on the market. If you can't drop the big money on nice breathables, I'd go with some thick neoprenes. Cheap and effective. Cheap breathables leak after a few hours, while neoprenes at the same price won't.