PDA

View Full Version : Castaic- 10/4 Sunday

kewlwhip
10-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Called up buddy Dan to see if he was down to get at some stripers at Castaic- Said he was, so we went up to BPS to see if any cool striper gear was around or other...

We got our rental the next morning, ran into Uncle B and he was getting ready to do his guide service slay session...of course good luck from TO...and not more than 1hour we started running into boils...only thing is, our rental didnt have enough ponies to make it to the boils...though it was funny watching the "boiler makers" haul butt and almost crash into eachother with their boats..wow.
lil different when watching...i then told dan, it prob would be best to toss far away to keep the boils going incase we ran into more...

we continued the troll...i get a nice hit in one spot...fought it all the way to the boat, and dan was ready to net, when i lifted the fish, and the line popped..sweet! one C&R with a nice lure attached to its lip- We then continued on trolling after i tied another one lure up...upon trolling, the local "coast guard" boat drivers (couple elderly men) were haulin near us...ididnt notice, but dan goes, "hey that boats kinda headin towards us..." i put my lure down, and say whoaaah crap- i threw my arms up to grab their attention...oh no...are you kdding me is what i said..and then at the last second, they swerved hard right....maybe 15' from the back of us -!@#$!% I SAID...WTH is up? they looked at us with blank stares- didnt say anything...then contiued to go right over my trolling gear--- ripped about 200 yds of line, and broke off my rig with gear..wow. again? then they just took off...
w/out dan there, that would've been another story- that would maybe be unbelieveable-
not to mention we got waked from them turning away- wtH is up? i dont think they should be using "coast guard" if they can't see the people in the water... ne ways back to fishing..
after sometime figuring wth had just happened, i had to retie all my stuff, including dan doing his-...by then igave a call to TO to see how they were doing...i told him just what had happened...he was at aloss for words, but they already had 10 fish on board!

Well after getting back on the game, we trolled the rest of the day-was tough since most gear was buzzed of by the coast-guarduo elderly (no disrespect, but that just wasnt right-no words??), and then came up on some mini boils here and there 1 where nobody was- was a great time, and a memorable one for dan im sure- we had tossed and tossed with fish grabbing and fighing us down...though the LMB's were mixed with some stripers on occasion when boiling- was cool LMB's are fun- oh yeah saw 3 family of deer grazzing by the water line-

We ended the day:
7 LMB
10 schoolie stripers- dan did his share on that!

and gear lost thanks- think castaic likes my gear! lol

ps Kenny rules at the tackle!

k till nextime
kewly

photos later- mostly lmb's and a few stripers-

Troutman65
10-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey Kewly, you have not had the best of luck the last couple outings. Sorry about that.

At least you walked away to fish another day and punked the Skunk too.

kpn
10-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Kooly,
Sorry to hear about your mishap & lost gear bro. Look at the bright side...more shopping for you :Wink:.

KPN.

kewlwhip
10-06-2009, 07:51 AM
hahahah thanks fellas

KID-FISH
10-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Sucks to hear about your rigs, those Coast Guards are an interesting group. I always thought they were retired volunteers or something. They mean well, but they just don't have the reaction skills they used to. I got stranded on the lake about a month ago, when the motor on the rental went dead and it took them over an hour and a half to get to me and tow us in?! Oh well, you still caught fish no matter what...thanks for sharing.

Good luck to you.

KF

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-06-2009, 12:43 PM
slay slay slay !

GeordyBass
10-06-2009, 02:06 PM
upon trolling, the local "coast guard" boat drivers (couple elderly men) were haulin near us...ididnt notice, but dan goes, "hey that boats kinda headin towards us..." i put my lure down, and say whoaaah crap- i threw my arms up to grab their attention...oh no...are you kdding me is what i said..and then at the last second, they swerved hard right....maybe 15' from the back of us -!@#$!% I SAID...WTH is up? they looked at us with blank stares- didnt say anything...then contiued to go right over my trolling gear--- ripped about 200 yds of line, and broke off my rig with gear..wow. again? then they just took off...

LOL those old guys dont give a damn,,, we were fishing for boils and they kept on motoring in front of us just to see if we BROKE DOWN,,,:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Pissed me off, I told em where fishing here and i'm fine... and they rambled something and boned out....I'm like wtf? Thats gonna be Bob in a few years,,,lol,,,

Nice job guys too bad We didnt get to see you...I was in a 13' skiff with a 15hp....

KID-FISH
10-06-2009, 03:54 PM
LOL those old guys dont give a damn,,, we were fishing for boils and they kept on motoring in front of us just to see if we BROKE DOWN,,,:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Pissed me off, I told em where fishing here and i'm fine... and they rambled something and boned out....I'm like wtf? Thats gonna be Bob in a few years,,,lol,,,

Nice job guys too bad We didnt get to see you...I was in a 13' skiff with a 15hp....

Yeah, one of those guys is a crabby dude! God bless them though, they might help you out sometime when your in trouble...too bad they don't know when you are!:Envious:

fishinone
10-06-2009, 03:55 PM

That'll be great having Bob out there. Just in case we need help Trolling!:ROFL:

GeordyBass
10-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah, one of those guys is a crabby dude! God bless them though, they might help you out sometime when your in trouble...too bad they don't know when you are!:Envious:
they towed me in once when the safety on my 13' boston whaler's motor broke,,,,couldnt start the motor anymore...lol...

Wingnut
10-06-2009, 09:29 PM
The old Coast Guard dudes are Bob's best friends. :LOL: :ROFL: I think he lost a couple of rigs to those guys too. They mean no harm though...
Kewly, bummer about the gear brotha, but things can be replaced. :Wink:
I shoulda went to Castaic instead of hitting the surf on Sunday... way too rough to fish out there. :Neutral: PM sent. :Secret:

kewlwhip
10-07-2009, 08:15 AM
slay slay slay ! muuuahahahahah- you and kahn are doin your fair share, figured i'd help and chime in from time to time! lol

whats up Geordy! nextime we'll run into eachother- allgood yeah they kinda did the same to us, like it was our fault lol o well all good

Yeah, one of those guys is a crabby dude! God bless them though, they might help you out sometime when your in trouble...too bad they don't know when you are!:Envious: very true- hopefully with the stuff they've buzzed off, and the time they almost made us a "speed bump" out in the water, i hope they continue to help others in need...

The old Coast Guard dudes are Bob's best friends. :LOL: :ROFL: I think he lost a couple of rigs to those guys too. They mean no harm though...
Kewly, bummer about the gear brotha, but things can be replaced. :Wink:
I shoulda went to Castaic instead of hitting the surf on Sunday... way too rough to fish out there. :Neutral: PM sent. :Secret: hahahaah, i know it- he was telling me over the phone that they've buzzed him off a "few times" so i didnt' feel too bad..only bummer was i didn't have my back-up yet...so i resorted to other things, that still produced! sweet, thanks Arthur!!!!!

============

k picks as promissed...this time not too many shots, i think my camera was beginning to die...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/ghostrado/DSC01254.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/ghostrado/DSC01256.jpg

dan w/ his first ever double/stripeys blood!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/ghostrado/DSC01260.jpg

one of the sizeable bass caught this day- man it was cold! lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/ghostrado/DSC01257.jpg

end of the day total 8 stripeys- we released the smaller dinggie size, and ended up with sizeable schoolies-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/ghostrado/stripeys.jpg