PDA

View Full Version : Keep America Fishing...important...

GillyGreen
10-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Hey all,
http://capwiz.com/keepamericafishing/issues/alert/?alertid=14119696

I do not know if any are aware of whats going down with your right to fish. I know we are already dealing with the MLPA in California, but please read and take action. The current administration is acting to stop our fishing... PLease cehck out the link and respond. It's quick and easy..Do your part...

Michael Nguyen
Big Hammer Swimbaits
Izorline

Fire Ball
10-05-2009, 08:24 PM
No! They can't take away our fishing! Think of many would be without jobs from companies that make fishing supplies and how many companies would collapse! Along with that, millions of people would lose the joy of catching a fish! This cannot happen!

Lipripper93561
10-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I signed and forwared the document to six friends, if we can get involved, maybe we will be able to fish with our family and friends for years to come, if not we'll all be stuck watching versus rerun fishing shows.........:EyePop:

Troutman65
10-06-2009, 11:24 AM
I too signed and forwarded the petition .

WTF is going on with all this ?

I can undersatand protecting and preserving for the future but these people are getting out of control.

The family man wanting to take his family out fishing in the oceans or lakes is getting screwed out of that from what seems all angles.

Something has to be done.

My 2 cents

vinlandviking
10-06-2009, 04:19 PM
every one needs to show up in force at the brtf meeting oct 21st in long beach
Wednesday Oct. 21st, 2009
Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center
701 West Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90831
Public Comment Times: 1:30PM and 7PM. We need you at BOTH times if possible. SHOW UP AT LEAST 30 minutes early to cede time or to sign up to speak.

Oct. 21st is the last BRTF meeting and the most critical one of your fishing career. What you do on Oct. 21st will determine where you can fish (and for some--whether you can fish) for the rest of your life.

Other BDers have organized buses have been organized to take you to the meeting and back. Watermen's Alliance will feed you pizza and drinks. We coordinated black shirts and tags (tag furnished at the event). All we need is your support.

You need to show up to speak, and even if you don't speak, we need people to support and cede time to those who speak. Keep in mind that the fishermen were outnumbered 10:1 at the July 28, 2009 BRTF meeting (a day known as Bloody Tuesday). If the majority of the attendees again say "We need to close as much of the ocean as possible" and "Fishermen are the problem", you bet the BRTF will be paying attention and the maps will reflect accordingly.

We will be sending around speaking points and guidelines and answer questions.

By Oct. 22nd, some of you may be looking at the Salton Sea as your only remaining fishing option.

Please show up on Oct. 21st, 2009, but more importantly, please bring your wife, parents, children to show them the faces of the communities they will be hurting if they shut down areas where people make their livelihood and recreate.

vinlandviking
10-06-2009, 04:20 PM
we are going to plan a protest out side the meeting too

dfisher
10-06-2009, 09:13 PM
email sent, sorry cant make it out to the protest. I have work! :Neutral: