PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Top Water again 10/04/09!!!

kpn
10-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Hit the lake again for the afternoon boils with my buddy Gary and Haithemeiter (sp) "Hai". We got to the lake around 5pm and Gary was there already fishing. It was slow at first, but when the life guard announced "lake close" :Wink:....The bite starts to turn on, we got 3 limit when it over, but kept 2 limit, we left a bunch go to fight another day.
Hai got his PB for striper...."his wish when we were on our way to the lake".
Congrats on your personal best buddy!

Here's the picture of Hai's personal best.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/IMG_2193.jpg
Just 1 limit in the cooler.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/IMG_2194.jpg
On fish caught on Mini Top Water lure and 1/2oz Skinny Shad.

Go get em guys.

KPN.

Oz
10-04-2009, 11:21 PM
wtg on the stripers kpn :Cool:

trail blazer
10-05-2009, 05:29 AM
Congrats up there AGAIN!!

Sure do hope the bite holds till the 17th ,,,,,,,see ya,ll soon

TRAIL BLAZER

CAPT'N
10-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Good Job Khan!

msos
10-05-2009, 08:54 AM
I left the west ram about 5 pm because it was too cold it was too quiet. Is the late afternoon boiling you talk about were on the east or west ram?

fishinone
10-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Khahn,

You're really puttin a hurtin on those striper.

Leave some for me!

cutbait
10-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Way to go Khahn

As TB said, hope till 17th. We plan on hooking up with some toads! We got some Bako magic we are going to bring in...

Also, your KPN got me into some repaints of some old lures. I am liking what I am seeing. May post up some pics!

vagabond
10-05-2009, 11:35 AM
nice going guys,the afternoon bite seems to start when the lake is about to close...

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Congrats again to Hai, we definately laid waste to them fishies !

Khanh, you left the part out where I was drilling them out of the dead water on the 1/2 mini shad....1 after another....they were CRUSHING it....

B4 the bite when into full swing

I was laughing when Hai said "DAM Gary !" when I was tuna boating them up !

I was busting up as I said !: "slaying is my business....and business is good !"

Ha ha ha....great time and undebievable slay....I must have landed at minuimum 15 fish probably more.

Add that to the 30 plus striper and the 10 LMB from saturday and thats some serious catch totals for a total of 7 hrs fishing in 2 days.

Striper fest should be a kickin' experience for everyone..

keel keel slay slay die die....thin out the herd !..

I didnt take any home yesterday but I did treat myself to a take home limit sat afternoon and ate some last night !

Deee-licious !

Nice work out there guys, it was fun and especially fun to see Hai experience that sick schtuff for the first time !

1 other notable moment was when the tail on my KPN was covered in blood, the whole thing was blood red and I was laughing cause it's normally white !

Ha ha ha !

Congrats,
Gary

INDOANGLER2.1
10-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Way to kill them guys. I am in need of one of those days. Are they selling your lures at Gilleons?

scvbasser
10-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Way to kill them guys. I am in need of one of those days. Are they selling your lures at Gilleons?gallions carry's them but they sell out pretty fast. not sure where else he sells them at.

scvbasser
10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
I left the west ram about 5 pm because it was too cold it was too quiet. Is the late afternoon boiling you talk about were on the east or west ram? i was at the west ramp area from 4. till closing and didn't see any boils.i did catch one 3 lb lmb. but slow overall for me..thanx for the report kpn. need to try your skinny shad.

HaiTheMeister
10-05-2009, 03:17 PM

Gary

LOL. I was afraid that you didn't leave us any stripers. You were pulling them out of water one after another. I have never had a chance to witness a boil with that magnitube. What a wonderful sight.

Thank you! that was my personal best. My prayers have been answered!

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-05-2009, 03:57 PM

TRAIL BLAZER
I dont see that bite to be going away anytime soon with that shad population, I have never seen the shad bloom this heavy in all the years I've fished that lake....
It should be ON FIRE !

ohhhh yeah !

HaiTheMeister
10-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Man, I love the topwater action. Thank you KPN, I am now hooked!!!!

kpn
10-05-2009, 11:14 PM
wtg on the stripers kpn :Cool:

Thanks OZ.

TRAIL BLAZER

Scott,
Don't worry bro, the stripers will be here until the 17th. We will make sure to save some for you guys :Wink: j/k.

Good Job Khan!

Thank you Scott. Go get em bro.

I left the west ram about 5 pm because it was too cold it was too quiet. Is the late afternoon boiling you talk about were on the east or west ram?

The same area where you left.

Khahn,

You're really puttin a hurtin on those striper.

Leave some for me!

Don't worry Ron....We make sure we leave atleast...............ONE for you. :ROFL:......There are plenty to be had bro. Go get em.

Way to go Khahn

As TB said, hope till 17th. We plan on hooking up with some toads! We got some Bako magic we are going to bring in...

Also, your KPN got me into some repaints of some old lures. I am liking what I am seeing. May post up some pics!

Mike,
The Stripers are still here waitng for the Bako Boys....Will see you on the 17th.
As for the lure.....If I can do it....anybody can. I want to see your art work bro.

nice going guys,the afternoon bite seems to start when the lake is about to close...

Thank you Rene. Go get em.

Khanh, you left the part out where I was drilling them out of the dead water on the 1/2 mini shad....1 after another....they were CRUSHING it....

B4 the bite when into full swing

I was busting up as I said !: "slaying is my business....and business is good !"

Ha ha ha....great time and undebievable slay....I must have landed at minuimum 15 fish probably more.

Add that to the 30 plus striper and the 10 LMB from saturday and thats some serious catch totals for a total of 7 hrs fishing in 2 days.

Striper fest should be a kickin' experience for everyone..

keel keel slay slay die die....thin out the herd !..

I didnt take any home yesterday but I did treat myself to a take home limit sat afternoon and ate some last night !

Deee-licious !

Nice work out there guys, it was fun and especially fun to see Hai experience that sick schtuff for the first time !

1 other notable moment was when the tail on my KPN was covered in blood, the whole thing was blood red and I was laughing cause it's normally white !

Ha ha ha !

Congrats,
Gary

Yeah! I forgot the part before the boils start, we got em on DEAD water....That was fun man!
Thanks for the company bro....You can fish with me anytime :ROFL:j/k.

Way to kill them guys. I am in need of one of those days. Are they selling your lures at Gilleons?

YES! I just stock them on Saturday....Hopefully they still had them.

i was at the west ramp area from 4. till closing and didn't see any boils.i did catch one 3 lb lmb. but slow overall for me..thanx for the report kpn. need to try your skinny shad.

Thanks for an answer to INDOANGLER2.1 bro. They were there before the boils. We got em in dead water....before boils.

LOL. I was afraid that you didn't leave us any stripers. You were pulling them out of water one after another. I have never had a chance to witness a boil with that magnitube. What a wonderful sight.

Thank you! that was my personal best. My prayers have been answered!

Man, I love the topwater action. Thank you KPN, I am now hooked!!!!

WE (Gary & I) knew you're hook after yesterday.....Again, Congrats on your PB bro.

I dont see that bite to be going away anytime soon with that shad population, I have never seen the shad bloom this heavy in all the years I've fished that lake....
It should be ON FIRE !

ohhhh yeah !

I will second to that!

Thanks for all the props guys. They are out there.....GET EM!!!!!

Khanh aka KPN.

kewlwhip
10-06-2009, 07:55 AM
wtg kahn!! you found em good too~!

scca
10-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Nice job working those boils. It was on out there !!!