PDA

View Full Version : Daveys Locker Western Pride 1/2 day PM July 1st

seanyboi
07-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Ive been hearing that the bass bite is starting to heat up a bit so my friend and i decided to make a trip to daveys to get a few. When we got to the landing there were only 15 people in line and i was happy when we got on the boat ther were at least 85 people getting on :evil: . The captain today was Bob as always and the deckhand was Jeff. It took us 30 minutes to get to the spot which was about half a mile out from the pipe on the boarder of Huntington and Newport. At first the bite was slow and the bass were going didnt want to bite. After about 30 minutes of nothing the light switched and the bass started to bite. My first bass of the day was also my biggest bass which was about a 3 to 4lb sandy. We then had a steady pick of sand bass and calicos with a few sculpin mixed in too. I caught 6 sand bass with live sardine using a 1 ounce sliding egg sinker and a 2/0 owner hook. I then switched to a 4 inch green and orange tail Hammer plastic and i caught 2 sand bass with that. The set up i used today was a 8' Cal star 12-20 with an avet sx with 15 lb test. Even though there was alot of people the trip was still good for me. My toatal for the day was 8 sand bass from 2-4lbs and my friend caught 4 sandies from 2-4lbs. One bad thing that happened on the trip was after we got are fish filleted (which cost me 7 dollars) i put my fillets with my number inside the bag in the bait tank so it could keep cool on the way back. Some JACKASS stole my fish and got off the boat before i could even figure out who it was. Also my friend had two bass in his bag and those got stolen too. I could care less that my fish were stolen but to waste 7 dollars getting them cleaned for nothing :evil: . If somebady really needed fish for food that bad they should have just nicely asked me if they could have one of my fish. Next time im going to have to watch my damn fish fillets. Well other than that it was a great trip. The count with 95 people (yes 95 people) was 47 sand bass 28 calico bass and 1 sculpin.

JapanRon
07-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Hi seanyboi,

I know you read my rant of two weeks ago ........ :wink: now ......... I guess you won't need to go back and re-read it!! :shock:

i.e. The part about rolling the plastic filet bag in your wet gunny sack and putting it with your stuff !! :roll:

With 95 guys on the boat ... according to their website, there had to be a few theives and sub-human garbage on board!!

I feel your pain ! Only thing worse is if you had promised fish to someone and THEN got it stolen !!

JapanRon

k3vin_kim
07-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Dude, that pisses me off. But at least you kicked *** on the count. I mean with 95 people on board and only 40 something bass caught... and you managed to hook 8~!! at least youand your buddy caught more than a quarter of what the whole boat caught. Anyways, that's pretty shallow of those sore *** losers. I don't pay 30 something bucks to feed your sorry asses :!:

one_leg
07-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Glad you got fish, sorry they got nicked!

Maybe if you had PinkFisherGirl57 bling you up a pink gunny sack nobody would touch it.....j/k..sorry.

I wish that somebody would catch these creeps in the act so that everybody could know what they look like.

I'm sure they'd just say it was an accident. :twisted:

One_Leg

JapanRon
07-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Hi one_leg and .....

Real problem is that on the 1/2 and 3/4 day moo-moos anyway .... most deckhands and very few skippers will support you in confronting these pieces of garbage. Even if they're buddies. The fact that they are often in a group doesn't help matters when it comes to 'he said, she said'.

Yaaaaa they know they got a free pass from the percentages. The only revenge is having a good idea of how their lives are going when they go back to their holes! :lol: :wink:

JapanRon

seanyboi
07-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Thank you for the good comments. My friend and did have an idea who did it because we saw him grabbing random peoples bags and taking them and putting them in his bag. When my friend and i asked to see if he accidently took our fish he said no and got off the boat very fast. He looked like he needed them anyway. Well lesson learned, make sure to watch your fish :roll: