PDA

View Full Version : dropped my phone in Laguna lake today SWEET

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-03-2009, 11:21 PM
i was going to switch baits and had a call had my rod underneath my arm grabbed my phone out of my pocket i butterfingered it fell about a foot from the waters edge and bounced in!!!!!!! i grabbed it out and took the battery out to dry it was working for alil i could receive calls thats it i have a touch screen so that stopped working and now my phone is completely dead!! and its my 3rd phone of the same kind:Evil::LOL:

Frenchy
10-03-2009, 11:46 PM
put it in a ziploc bag w bread it will suck the moisture out

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-03-2009, 11:50 PM
put it in a ziploc bag w bread it will suck the moisture out

wont fix my touch screen thanks tho!! and my batterys tag turned from green to red which means its dead

smokinflies
10-04-2009, 07:57 AM
damn that sucks bro.

i hope you got insurance on that bad boy.

vanillagurilla
10-04-2009, 08:54 AM
not true about the tag lary. the tag is to show the insurance people that it got wet.

ghetto dad
10-04-2009, 08:58 AM
damn that sucks bro.

i hope you got insurance on that bad boy.

not true about the tag lary. the tag is to show the insurance people that it got wet.

I dont know how it works now..but yes, the color change is for showing the techs that the phone did in fact get wet, and that used to mean no good on insurance.

What i was told by the company once when i got my phone wet, they WILL send you another phone if you have insurance, BUT if they find that it was damaged by water, they will tack on a new phone on ure bill..sucks..wtf is insurance for????

GD

richaaron
10-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Put white-out on the tag. Worked for a friend of mine. He has Verizon... -Rich

Asecino420
10-04-2009, 12:21 PM
**** bro i feel yer pain...That happend to be once at Legg. now i have it in a zipplog bag. well...

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-04-2009, 11:56 PM

yeah exactly iam right i didnt mean DEAD like battery i meant dead as in my phone went to heaven most likely probably hell haha

B@$$[P][M][P]
10-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Ouch! I did the same thing with my Verizon Blackberry, all I did was leave it by a window for a couple days. Then I fully charged the battery and presto.

vanillagurilla
10-05-2009, 09:53 AM
well good luck lary hope you get it taken care of. just do a tattoo for an I-phone or something lol.

jerryG
10-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I dont know how it works now..but yes, the color change is for showing the techs that the phone did in fact get wet, and that used to mean no good on insurance.

What i was told by the company once when i got my phone wet, they WILL send you another phone if you have insurance, BUT if they find that it was damaged by water, they will tack on a new phone on ure bill..sucks..wtf is insurance for????

GD

I have turned in phones due to water damage and I have been told the same story. If they find that the phone was damaged due to water exposure it's not covered. What is the point of insurance anyways. If want your insurance to replace it you could report that you lost it. This may be considered unethical by some so it's really judgement call. They will ask you a lot of questions:
when did you first notice it was gone?
Do know where you were when it was lost?

In the past some carriers used to request a police report but I'm not sure if they are still doing that.

I lost my phone once while I was fishing and when they asked where I was when the phone was lost? I told them I had lost my phone somewhere between Catalina Island and San Pedro. I don't recall it falling over the side. I noticed it was gone after I got home and I called the landing and they said nobody turned a phone. So I asked them if I should have contacted the coast guard to report it missing?LOL..Their response "no that's not necessary, we will send you a new phone." No charge..Thanks 8)

JerryG

Asecino420
10-05-2009, 02:09 PM
hahah between san pedro and catalina..haha....:ROFL:

gavin310
10-05-2009, 02:57 PM
it's ok if your electronics get wet as long as you take the battery out right away and DO NOT turn it back on for at least 3 days or more. what breaks your phone is when you try to turn it back on when it's still wet inside.