PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Stripers Saturday

Crankster
10-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Went to Castaic today...Had to do another striper trip..Waited in line once the cars started moving for atleast 45 minutes...Only had one side working, so i would suggest the west launch ramp since i saw other boats launching there..Got out to my first few spots with not much love... caught 4 dinks in the morning, and let them go expecting to fill a limit with larger fish...The rest of the day was rather slow...I think the full moon had a lot to do with giving lockjaw to the stripers..I metered tons of shad but no stripers...then metered stripers but no shad....never the two together..The usual boils were few and far between...seemed like they didnt start showing until late afternoon..ended up catching the biggest fish of the day off a hump in 35 feet, and the last two off the west walls before coming in...Curious to see how the trollers did....Alot of the shore fisherman packed it in early, so they must not have gotten much action either....good luck out there...here is a pic of the last 3 fish...

trail blazer
10-04-2009, 07:55 AM
WTG bro on getting bit even during slow conditions,,,

keep those posts coming

Panfish Junior
10-04-2009, 08:52 AM
That's a nice model you got there! Thanks for the report!

fishinone
10-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the report. Nice catch.

Were you fishing bait?

Crankster
10-05-2009, 03:45 PM
I fish strickly lures...Usually all lg mouth bass stuff i modified, stripers seem to take a beating on ur equipment..Havent done much for trolling just all casting and retrieving...