PDA

View Full Version : Nph 10/3

calico killer kevin
10-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Fished with the kooks today for a decent bite. Fished Lido, various storm drains, and the usual area from 2 till 8. Lure choice was 3" Big Hammers, 3/16 and 1/4 oz leadheads, TR Robos, and DS Fllashtrix. Most bites were coming from the drains with the best quality coming from Lido. Water is stained a bit greener than it was for most of the summer. It's a lot slower than it usually is this time of year.

Totals:
Me- 6 Spotties including FAT 15" JP
1 YFC
Korean Kid- 4 Spotties with 13" to anchor
Cuban Kid- 4 Spotties...all dinks...

Troutman65
10-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the report. :Cool:

delmar
10-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Were you guys on kayaks and launched out of M street dock? thanks for the report!

samgann93
10-03-2009, 11:13 PM
nic job kevin.

boxl0bster
10-04-2009, 12:36 AM
good stuff kev, thanks for the report. i've been wondering how the fishing has been. i gotta get me some of those big hammers. i tried some of the smaller swimbaits that i have and i always seem to get stuck on a bunch of weeds. :Confused:

Jaysuuun
10-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Good job on the spotties kevin. Looked like you used quite an arsenal of lures. I've experimented with texas rigged worms and creature baits casting into the eel grass, but haven't had any luck with them. Thanks again for the report. I need to get back over to NPH soon. :Cool:

BTW, were you guys fishing on foot?

calico killer kevin
10-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the report. :Cool:
No prob TM.

Were you guys on kayaks and launched out of M street dock? thanks for the report!
Nah, left the kayaks at home. M street to Lido is a hell of a paddle. Did the 15th st to bait barge paddle once again the wind and current. Not fun at all. No doubt we would've had a better day on the yaks.

nic job kevin.
Thanks Sam. To busy wrapping to fish huh?:LOL:

good stuff kev, thanks for the report. i've been wondering how the fishing has been. i gotta get me some of those big hammers. i tried some of the smaller swimbaits that i have and i always seem to get stuck on a bunch of weeds. :Confused:
Thanks Ernie. BH are by far my favorite swimmie. Moderately priced, great action, and somewhat durable. One lasted me all day yesterday. If you're getting snagged a lot keep your rod tip up and use a lighter jighead. If it's really weedy, I'll drop to a 1/8oz head. Lido is always weedier than the 15th area and the fish bite really well when you retrieve just above the grass.

Good job on the spotties kevin. Looked like you used quite an arsenal of lures. I've experimented with texas rigged worms and creature baits casting into the eel grass, but haven't had any luck with them. Thanks again for the report. I need to get back over to NPH soon. :Cool:

BTW, were you guys fishing on foot?
Thanks Jason. Yeah, I'm always on the search for the next big thing. I haven't had too much luck with TR's until lately. They seem to really like the 4" robos. Creature baits are next on the list.

bsp
10-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Congrats on getting into some spotties. They are definitely a fun fish because of all the way you can target them. If they only got bigger I don't think I'd target halibut anymore. Give some of your shallow runner LMB cranks a try next time along with some Zoom Baby Brush Hogs. I've had luck with those in Redondo Harbor for calicos, so no reason the spotties in NPH won't like them.

Wingnut
10-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Man, I miss that place! Paging Flyngby... paging Flyngby... :Wink: :Envious:

Nice job Kevin. :Cool: We hit the surf on Sunday, conditions were horrendous everywhere, we didn't even bother fishing. :Evil:

Bird dog
10-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Great info.Thanks for the report.

fishshep
10-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the report!! Was going to make that
my first Morn. stop, but gonna try a nearby area instead
since the water is greened out!!!
Decent count you had though !!!:Smile: