PDA

View Full Version : Striper Boiling In The DODO'S Hole At Skinner Lake

RamboBoy
10-03-2009, 06:41 PM
My worker friend (Dogg), workers’ friend (Tom) and I went hitting up at the Skinner Lake. We checked out at the Inlet area to target the catfish, but there was no flowing water. Then we moved to Outlet Tower buoy line for catfish. The Catfish seems very slow and no bite all. We decided to set up trolling on along shoreline from Outlet Tower to the DODO’S Hole area. I used my own eyes were hunting the mad boiling striped bass and I found there were a lot of boils every place on the water in the DODO’S hole area. I have no time to TAKE PICTURE. My friends were shocked, and the striper boiling is constantly in the DODO’S Hole. I caught few striped bass on my new bait lures (Pearl Red Eyes 3" inches) on the ella instead of “Fish Taco Lures.” They were amazing that I hooked up the TWO STRIPED BASS on my baby ella. LOL, I gave my pink lure to Dogg, but he had nothing catch one and he got a skunk. Tom asked me if he can use the blue gill lure 5 inches and I said, “oh yeah you can try that one.” Tom got hooked up a nice striped bass, LOL. It was good time and fun time with my good friends. We called of the day at 11:30 a.m. and we got few keeper the mini striped bass, LOL. We are hungry fish tacos and soups.

This skinner is probably my last fishing, but I have one more ongoing out to the Castaic Lake for hunting a DD striped bass, before moving out of the stinky California.

Thanks for reading my fishing report and viewing my pictures.

If you guys want to go out fishing at the DODO'S Hole, the best time is boiling at the DODO'S Hole at around 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.

Bluegill
10-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Hey I never saw you guys today, oh well next time. Great Job on hitting the boil there everywhere today. Just got home myself from skinner will post my PB striper later tonight. Meet a brunch of FNN member today at skinner.

Bluegill

RamboBoy
10-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey I never saw you guys today, oh well next time. Great Job on hitting the boil there everywhere today. Just got home myself from skinner will post my PB striper later tonight. Meet a brunch of FNN member today at skinner.

Bluegill

I was looking for yah everywhere on the water. Is that you rent a boat, you greeted me, and I saw your son is with you? Maybe I am wrong. LOL

He looks like yah.

I hope this lake is likeness Castiac Lake lots of boiling stripers

kaiyasdad
10-03-2009, 09:35 PM
is that across from ramp 2. if i wake up early tomorrow im gonna go. over labor day weekend they were boiling all over ramp 1.

Bluegill
10-03-2009, 09:58 PM
I was looking for yah everywhere on the water. Is that you rent a boat, you greeted me, and I saw your son is with you? Maybe I am wrong. LOL

He looks like yah.

I hope this lake is likeness Castiac Lake lots of boiling stripers

I think you meet someone else may Dudlove, because I meet him an his son later on. I was there in my own boat but it was just my buddy and I.

RamboBoy
10-04-2009, 07:00 AM
is that across from ramp 2. if i wake up early tomorrow im gonna go. over labor day weekend they were boiling all over ramp 1.

from Toilet Cove along the shoreline to the Outlet Tower, not boiling at Ramp 1

RamboBoy
10-04-2009, 07:01 AM
I think you meet someone else may Dudlove, because I meet him an his son later on. I was there in my own boat but it was just my buddy and I.

Yeah that is him I think. Darn I don't see yah and want to talk to yah.

smokinflies
10-04-2009, 08:16 AM
great work at the "dodo hole" guys.

Panfish Junior
10-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Those two you're holding are perfect for sour soup. :Big Grin: Thanks for the post and pics!

kaiyasdad
10-04-2009, 03:28 PM
fished skinner from 630-10. picked off 10 stripers chasing the scattered boils. it was very windy and nasty out there.

dudelove
10-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah that is him I think. Darn I don't see yah and want to talk to yah.

ya that me and my nephew . we manage to catch our very first striper . it was very exciting. nice meeting you rambo

RamboBoy
10-05-2009, 04:25 AM
great work at the "dodo hole" guys.

Thanks.

Those two you're holding are perfect for sour soup. :Big Grin: Thanks for the post and pics!

Yea, yummy soup. :Big Grin:

fished skinner from 630-10. picked off 10 stripers chasing the scattered boils. it was very windy and nasty out there.

Did you catch stripers? any you taken pictures?

ya that me and my nephew . we manage to catch our very first striper . it was very exciting. nice meeting you rambo

Oh that was you and your nephew. It was nice meeting you. My friends and I were trolling around on the water and catch some stripers where the stripers boiling. Did you see the stripers boiling everywhere?

kaiyasdad
10-05-2009, 04:24 PM
yeah i caught 10 stripers. i didnt take any pictures as they are all small schoolie sized. i did get a 3-4 pounder and had another nice one chase my lure all the way to the boat and actually jumped out of the water as i lifted my lure out of the water. there are some bigger fish (not much bigger) as you can see their backs come out of the water as they chase shad.there are just too many small ones. at least the shad are getting bigger so hopefully the stripers will grow quickly.

RamboBoy
10-05-2009, 04:37 PM
yeah i caught 10 stripers. i didnt take any pictures as they are all small schoolie sized. i did get a 3-4 pounder and had another nice one chase my lure all the way to the boat and actually jumped out of the water as i lifted my lure out of the water. there are some bigger fish (not much bigger) as you can see their backs come out of the water as they chase shad.there are just too many small ones. at least the shad are getting bigger so hopefully the stripers will grow quickly.

Oh that's good for yah caught 10 stripahs. You can try slower down speed the boat, so the lure swims in the water about one to five feet deep. The stripers will chase your lure. My friends and I saw a Double Digit striper at the inlet, and it swam around in the shoreline. We did try top water lure, but no luck on that big mama striper.