PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks of night time bass'n at castaic lagoon!

Ray Lopez
10-03-2009, 12:51 PM
the last two Thursday nights i have been going to my wonderful like pond in north LA. Been getting there around 9:30pm and fishing up and down the coast line of the lagoon.

Last week i landed over 13 bass from 3 to 7 pounds in about 2 and a half hours of drop shotting dark colored robos.

then this last Thursday night i went with 2 of my buddies from work. We worked shoreline like i did the week before but the bass'n was not as great. I only caught 6 bass and farmed about 8 *doh* one was a huge sucker that broke my line on the 2nd run. my fault tho since i had not re tied after landing the 6 other fish that night. My buddie caught 4 and the other caught only 1 (he was stubborn and trying for top water when i told him and showed him that drop shotting was the only way to go at night right now).

my other co worker was like my shadow watching and doing everything i did and he was doing some good slaying right along with me.

It sure is nice to see i still got it and that my standing is still high with this lake. Any time i take someone out to the lagoon and show them what to do they always catch bass. I was pretty proud to watch both my buddies land bass at the lagoon, since they both told me they didn't think there were any fish in this lake hahahaha!!!!!!!

Ray Lo - Lagoon bass fishing teacher!!!!! Watch and listen and ye shall catch!!!!!

i will probably go back out this next Thursday night if weather permits!

this was the first one caught last thrusday
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_0249.jpg

kpn
10-03-2009, 09:15 PM
You got the Goon dial in Ray.....Good job showing your friends how to get it done :Wink:.

KPN.

Troutman65
10-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Nice going out there Ray. Always cool to teach someone how to fish :Cool:

Thanks for the report

Ray Lopez
10-08-2009, 05:35 PM
thanks guys

I'm heading back out tonight to try my hand at the early fall cold weather warm water conditions to test my luck.

hopefully they are still willing to play with this waining 3/4 moon and cold night time weather.

i got my buddies hooked, they tasted my bass fever and now their temps starting to rise!!!!!!!!!!

too bad they don't make a vaccine for bass fever lol

Fire Ball
10-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Is night really a good time to go? I usually got around an 1 or 2 hours before sunset and then leave once it gets dark! Either that or I go before sunrise to lunch time.

Is drop shotting Senkos going to work just as well? I better watch some videos so I can remember how to do it exactly.

cutbait
10-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Good work Ray. I wish I had the oppurtunity you guys have. I want a DD Largie o'so bad!

Simplyeman
10-09-2009, 12:27 AM
let us now how it goes ray........I'll be out there tomorrow night trying my luck, I wasn't able to go out tonight.

Ray Lopez
10-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Good work Ray. I wish I had the oppurtunity you guys have. I want a DD Largie o'so bad!

thanks and i'm itching for my next DD i gotta top a 15 pounder now tho doh' lol

spoon2610
10-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Nice catch. I went out there on mon and tues we didnt catch anything. Maybe i should of pm you hahaha.