PDA

View Full Version : Takin the kid to Pudd tomorow. What do you guys think?

duce
10-03-2009, 10:58 AM
As A kid I fished the Pudd a lot. Always did ok. Im taking my kid tomorrow and dont want him to get skunked. What do you guys reccomend for bait/ lures and what area to fish? Im not too concerned about size (Im catch and release) I just want the kid to catch a few bass so he has fun and grows his intrest in the sport. Thanking in advance for the reccomedations.

PM me if you dont want the public to see

idratherbfishin
10-03-2009, 11:10 AM
You will probably get a better response by posting this in the general message section. This section is for your report after you go to the pudd:Wink:

Danny300
10-03-2009, 11:36 AM
take him to marono beach.....even if he doesn't get a fish.....he still get some action LMAO

Bo_Star
10-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Bluegill and Crappie are Easy to Catch there Bass are Hard to Catch there"there is a Lot of Bass there", But it takes Skill
For Pan fish I would suggest going to turners in WC and picking up misquote hooks, 4 lbs or lighter leader and a jar of maggots ("they not real ,they are Plastic ") or mill worms and jerk them about on 18" leader under a small Rattle bobber. Fish around the east shore. look around for the blue gill boils and cast in the middle of it. misquote hooks are barb-less so the can be released easy... Bring a camera to post the pics =)

rip_n_lip
10-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I went there this morning with a friend of mine. Last time I went I caught the skunk. This time I got one little lmb chunker and a tiny crappie. Got the lmb on texas rigged robo, dark green color, and the crappie on a fluke. The water is down a few feet from the last time I went there and there is lots of grass/weeds on a lot of the shoreline. I didn't notice anyone else really catching anything but my buddy got a little tiny lmb on robos as well. at least no skunk for him. good luck with the lil guy tomm.

old pudd fisher
10-03-2009, 07:19 PM
I think Bo Star hit the nail on the head for the pudd. I have known Bo star for many years and he knows how to fish. Good luck your boy will have fun regardless if you catch a fish, It's all about being with his dad on a lake.

fishmounter
10-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Gamakatsu "Mosquito" hooks are not barbless, they just have a tiny "microbarb" that makes removing them from fish (and your finger!) a lot easier. They are great hooks for mealworms and crickets. I like a size 8 in the red finish for Bluegill. Have fun with your kid!

duce
10-04-2009, 12:17 PM
just got back with the kid. Had fun watching him tangel his line and cast into bushes:Big Grin: but all we cought was the skunk. no big deal. i really didnt fish much. mostly messin around

Simplyeman
10-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Duce what GENERAL area do you live near?

duce
10-04-2009, 07:03 PM
I live in Pomona. Grew up in La Verne so Pudd was a hangout spot for me when I was growing up. Where u at?

dudelove
10-04-2009, 09:13 PM
i never catch anything from pudd must of took the kid there 10 times . skunk everytime . to bad i live 5 minute from pudd :Crying:

Simplyeman
10-04-2009, 09:15 PM
I live in Pomona. Grew up in La Verne so Pudd was a hangout spot for me when I was growing up. Where u at?

Burbank....I was asking so that I can think of a better location to the take your kid.

It's funny....lI attended cal poly pomona for 4 years and all four years i had NO IDEA!!!! that PUDD was so close. I found out once i had left :(