PDA

View Full Version : Lost Fly Rod, Tri City Park in Placentia

georgia_brown
10-02-2009, 01:37 AM
Well caught 2 bass at Tri city last saturday afternoon. Unfortunately I left a fly rod on the back of my car and drove off without it. It's a White River Classic Rod in a black hard case. It was my favorite rod. Anyone see it send me a pm.
Thanks.

The Angler
10-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Oh now he wants to make a post when he gear gets left. Nice lurking buddy good luck getting your rod back

GET DA NET
10-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Oh now he wants to make a post when he gear gets left. Nice lurking buddy good luck getting your rod back

lol.............

troutdog
10-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Good luck getting your gear back, btw drinking and flyfishing do not mix :Wink:

If you are going to be a douche, at least do it with a proper sentence....fricken yankee fans! :LOL:

TD

smokinflies
10-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Well caught 2 bass at Tri city last saturday afternoon. Unfortunately I left a fly rod on the back of my car and drove off without it. It's a White River Classic Rod in a black hard case. It was my favorite rod. Anyone see it send me a pm.
Thanks.

did you catch those bass on the fly?

BTW, nice first post.

georgia_brown
10-02-2009, 02:25 PM
I caught them on poppers. They were pretty small maybe half a pound each. Going with the pflueger rod this weekend. It doesn't compare to the white river classic though.

The Angler
10-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Good luck getting your gear back, btw drinking and flyfishing do not mix :Wink:

If you are going to be a douche, at least do it with a proper sentence....fricken yankee fans! :LOL:

TD

LMAO..

Says he been a member since january & this is his first post?:ROFL:

But on the side note I hope u do get it back sucks when u lose gear or when it gets jacked

troutdog
10-02-2009, 05:19 PM
LMAO..

Says he been a member since january & this is his first post?:ROFL:

But on the side note I hope u do get it back sucks when u lose gear or when it gets jacked

Give the guy credit, at least he signed up...most people don't even do that....look at all the "guests" viewing the site vs registered members.

TD

castle
10-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Id check out the local yard sales this weekend. Youd be surprised at what you can find. You might get lucky.

richaaron
10-03-2009, 08:02 AM
You might want to ask the homeless guy that walks around the lake with a black leather jacket. He lives in his white Ford truck that is usually parked in the front by the bathrooms... He might have cashed in your rod for a rock though. Good luck! -Rich

Danny300
10-03-2009, 10:23 AM
smokeinflies....hey bro....what kind flies will i need to fish the Ghetto Tourney? I just got this White River Classic Rod. I was thinking of changing out this rubber line stuff and putting some 50 lb mono so i can flip some flies into those lilly pads. thanks for the info!

smokinflies
10-04-2009, 09:47 AM
smokeinflies....hey bro....what kind flies will i need to fish the Ghetto Tourney? I just got this White River Classic Rod. I was thinking of changing out this rubber line stuff and putting some 50 lb mono so i can flip some flies into those lilly pads. thanks for the info!

rubber line stuff? that's classic, bro.

you should be asking if anyone out there has any ideas on how to get that 50lb mono out onto the pads with a fly setup first. lol

as for flies, i haven't flied fairmont yet so i don't know what works, but here's a fly that i recently found on the net that looks killer for lily pads and topwater.

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq100/flyfishingfool/GutlessFrog1.jpg

this one that my primo nickymouse tied, gave my great results west of the 605.
it worked so well that i had to "sharpie" in some new eyes on the fly(because the old ones wore out).
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq100/flyfishingfool/DSC00672.jpg

NorthwestWolf
10-04-2009, 07:38 PM
this one that my primo nickymouse tied, gave my great results west of the 605.
it worked so well that i had to "sharpie" in so new eyes on the fly.
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq100/flyfishingfool/DSC00672.jpg

Smokinflies,

That looks like a Puglisi style baitfish pattern. I've been gathering up some materials to try out some of those myself. I'm thinking some shad, bluegill and baby bass patterns will be a good start for the local spots.

Here's a link if you want to give them a try:

http://www.flyfishohio.com/Puglisi_Baitfish.htm

smokinflies
10-05-2009, 09:43 AM
thanks for the link.