PDA

View Full Version : 137 days

Troutman65
10-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Its been that long since I have had a cig. I tell you its still hard. I have gained some weight but I still am not smoking.

Wondering how everyone else is doing with their no smoking?

Simplyeman
10-01-2009, 06:46 PM
i've quit on so many occasions. I am going to enjoy a few ciggies at castaic tonight while i fish and allegedly drink.

When I had quit the hardest part was trying to control myself when I was out fishing.

evalrez
10-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Well, congratulations Troutman65 :Thumbs Up: !! It takes alot to keep that going...I would imagine, Ive never smoked cigs. :Applause:

evalrez
10-01-2009, 07:06 PM
i've quit on so many occasions. I am going to enjoy a few ciggies at castaic tonight while i fish and allegedly drink.

When I had quit the hardest part was trying to control myself when I was out fishing.

:Neutral: My fiance has also tried quitting on many occasions but has failed. Hes gone on some pretty good streaks but just cant seem to let them go after more than 16 yrs of what he calls dedication (hes 29):Shocked: !! Hes tried pretty much all the patches and the gum he hasnt tried the newer stuff that theyve come up with now but i dont see him wanting to.

Troutman65
10-01-2009, 10:16 PM
I wonder how Tackle Junkie is doing :???:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-01-2009, 11:27 PM
i smoke like a fire place im addicted to those bubble gum smokes you get from the ice cream man :LOL:

evalrez
10-02-2009, 02:08 PM
i smoke like a fire place im addicted to those bubble gum smokes you get from the ice cream man :LOL:

:ROFL: I use to love those things as a kid!

Oz
10-02-2009, 02:13 PM
keep it up buddy :Cool:

Nu_AbGatr
10-02-2009, 02:37 PM
That's wonderful, TM65!! :Cool: Congratz! Yeah, I know it's hard but the rewards are never ending.

I'm knocking on 6 months on Tuesday. Cravings are getting manageable now, and the weight is starting to pile up.

Nice reading for people trying to quit the stick:
"Quitters, Inc" by Stephen King,
published on the book "Nightshift".

Guaranteed to make you think.... :Twisted:

smokehound
10-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Id say smoke some cannabis, but you would put on even more weight. But at least you wont be smoking tobacco. lol!

Liteliner
10-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Congrats to you TM.

Ive been free for 215 days and 18 hours. Thats about 800 bucks saved and 3237 cigarettes avoided. :LOL: I dont think that fiend will ever completely go away but atleast I can fight it off now. I also gained a bit of weight but now that i can breathe again im workin off some of that weight.

mickeysindahouse
10-02-2009, 06:39 PM
It's been 174 days, 21 hrs for me now. Almost half a year! 1,224 cigarettes avoided, $336 saved. For me, cravings resided after about a month and a half. After that it's pretty much 2nd nature. I've been on 3/4 & Overnighters a couple times in the last 6 months and even though they're basically Phillip Morris Cruises I never got the urge to accept or bum someone for a cig. :Cool:

Time flies and the longer you go without it, the better you feel about being able to do it. Kudos & keep at it dude!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Congrats bro and hang in there..

gotstofish
10-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Hey Patrick, keep up the good work.:Smile:

Troutman65
10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Congrats bro and hang in there..

I thought that Kool ad was funny. :LOL:

Thanks

Troutman65
10-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks for all the replys everyone. Its a battle everyday. Some better and some worse . At least I am winning the battles and at this point its looking good to win the war.:Wink:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I thought that Kool ad was funny. :LOL:

Thanks thanx t*m65, i thought i would move it cause some peoples get butthurt saying things like "hey we're people like you, we just choose not to smoke and yadayadayada...no worries bro, i promise when we hit the lake at some point i'll keep my ciggaret smoke down wind with other aromas..lol

Troutman65
10-08-2009, 04:40 PM
thanx t*m65, i thought i would move it cause some peoples get butthurt saying things like "hey we're people like you, we just choose not to smoke and yadayadayada...no worries bro, i promise when we hit the lake at some point i'll keep my ciggaret smoke down wind with other aromas..lol

No worrys . Quite a few of my good buddys smoke ciggs and they smoke around me. I do not bother me. Execpt when 2 or 3 of them are smoking at the same time in my buddy Apt. with the windows and doors closed. I get pissed and open everything up to breath. Other than that the smoke is no big deal.

Hope to wet a line with you in the future too.