PDA

View Full Version : buggin lb area

Invid01
09-30-2009, 12:15 AM
hey on the opening night sat 12:01 going out. but when can u drop nets????

Redkorn
09-30-2009, 03:14 AM
Carb fishing is open all year long for some crabs....and you cant keep lobster untill lobster season so I just going to drop mine around 10pm and make my first pull at 12 =P

ahhvtec
09-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Saw some guys hooping Monday night when we pulled up and got yelled at like we were pulling their hoops. LMAO! Guess they were hooping for "Crab" HAHAHA!

Redkorn
09-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Saw some guys hooping Monday night when we pulled up and got yelled at like we were pulling their hoops. LMAO! Guess they were hooping for "Crab" HAHAHA!

Well theres alot of guys taking lobsters out of season at redondo pier...there some just for crabs...

Its sad too see guys out there catch and keep lobsters out of season...No one likes to be the goodie two shoes but this weekend I'm call the cops if I see it happening...

I pay about 45 bucks for my lic...and about 10 for my lobster report card...then about 30 for each hoop net....and about 15 for bait and other 10 for my gages..

And if you put in gas and snacks and for parking about $160.00

And too see some jerk snaging and hooping...taking undersized and with out report cards just makes me crazy.

And they dam well know what there doing...the stuff the lobsters in trash cans and hide them under there kids in case they get stoped. Its all just so wrong.

I hope you guys see you will put a stop to it this season...and call them in.

Invid01
09-30-2009, 12:13 PM
so you can drop early but cannot keep lobster till 12? DFG is thick the first night just dont want the trouble. I know divers cant go in the water till 12

bruce watson
09-30-2009, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't drop a net until 12:01am.

Invid01
09-30-2009, 07:59 PM
i dont think i am gonna drop till 12ish. i heard stories about dfg and harborpatrol, and i DO NOT want to get borded or searched. besides we have till march, they all cant get caught the first night.

lucky catch
10-02-2009, 02:43 PM
You can dive and hoop net and fish in so cal all year long 24/7 you just can not be in possession of a lobster before midnight. The diver can not catch and put the lobster in his game bag, and you can not put that lobster in your ice chest until midnight. You can put the crabs on your boat but you must throw the bugs back. Crabs have to be 4" across the back. Conical hopnets are still legal but that may change next year.

dfisher
10-02-2009, 11:28 PM
yeah alot of people crab/lobster net all year around on the redondo pier and try to sell them.