PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Stripers over the Weekend

Crankster
09-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Sorry for the late reply just got approved by the admin( new member)...This is my third n fourth time ever fishing for stripers, mainly a largy seeker. Got up to Castaic on saturday with my father, and sunday with a friend of mine...The more i fish for the stripers the easyier it seems they r to predict...Good electronics seem to be a must...and the boils seem to be a bonus bite..I ended up limiting both days n gave some of the smaller fish to a few shore anglers.."good carma brings good fishing"...Here r two pics of Sat n Sun on some of the larger fish....good fishing everyone

Lowe Boat
09-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Sorry for the late reply just got approved by the admin( new member)...This is my third n fourth time ever fishing for stripers, mainly a largy seeker. Got up to Castaic on saturday with my father, and sunday with a friend of mine...The more i fish for the stripers the easyier it seems they r to predict...Good electronics seem to be a must...and the boils seem to be a bonus bite..I ended up limiting both days n gave some of the smaller fish to a few shore anglers.."good carma brings good fishing"...Here r two pics of Sat n Sun on some of the larger fish....good fishing everyone

Nice job!!
It seems the fever has got you.
What did you use and where did you catch them?

Crankster
09-29-2009, 08:35 AM
I have been fishing both the ski n fish arm in the a.m..The key depth seems to be 45-60 feet for the bigger fish..Use whatever can immulate a shad at the depth from spoons to heavy jigs/grubs...I been paying attention to those depths, n get ur line down there when u see them...i havent tried trolling yet...then mid morning to afternoon hit the boils...

scca
09-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Nice load you have there !!!:EyePop:

Koontaj
09-29-2009, 09:08 AM
How do you calculate depth?

kpn
09-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Good job out there. Thanks for the report.....Keep em coming :Wink:.
Welcome to the FNN board.

KPN.

trail blazer
09-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Xlnt job there bro,,,,,your post gives hope to us NON trollers:Smile:

Thanks for the depth info also!!

Keep those posts coming

And welcome to FNN

Anglerism
09-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Nice Catch on them stripers!

sreykmao562