PDA

View Full Version : 9/27-28 Big Virginia & Lower Twin

billy b
09-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Totally new to the Virginia Lakes. Went up Sunday on a sightseeing scouting trip. Wasn't sure where to fish on Little Virginia so stopped at Big Virginia on the shore. Caught 12 in about 6 hours. Secret seemed to be using a .5 ounce sinker to get out near the ledge that is a ways off shore. Used 2# line/#18 treble and caught them on Sherbet, Chartreuse, Rainbow and a combo of 2 Pautzke's and some white PB. Nothing of size and no brooks. Tubers looked to be having a great time. They are sure two lakes made for tubes and yaking. Kinda reminds me of Jenks.

My hunch is that Lower Virginia is the better lake. Someone said there are not browns in Big V. But is there a spot with easy access.

Lower Twin was slow and there was a storm coming in so trolled about 4 hours. Something snapped me off. I'm going to have to figure out how to use a lighter line with a metal end leader or just troll with heavier line. Got 4 dinks on brass-fire tiger needlefish at 2.5 colors. Another guy got 4 at 2 colors using a super duper and also a TBuoy.

Hope this helps ... and sure would love suggestions.

The sightseeing, scouting, and the weather were fantastic. Upper 70's

At Ken's they said Bport was doing well but only if you're out in the boat. Too many weeds for shore fishing. Anybody know the phone # of the marina at Bport res?

MammothMagic
09-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Sounds like fun, I love little kayakable lakes where exactly are the Virginia Lakes at? By the way you should recieve your bait in the next few days I mailed it out today.

billy b
09-29-2009, 10:10 AM
When you reach the top of the pass (wish I knew the name) between Bport and Mono, there's a turn west ... and you go about 6 miles ... altitude is almost 10k FWIW.

tcat74
09-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Conway Summit!

billy b
09-30-2009, 09:48 AM
... it's my oldtimer's disease.