PDA

View Full Version : Need info on oceanside please...not bringing my boat

fishfinder
07-01-2007, 03:41 PM
tried generel saltwater board for no luck, so thought i would try here.

Going for the 4th for 3 days. think i will leave the boat at home. but will bring the poles. haven't ever been there. so any advice would be better than i got already. would like to target some butts 1st and then maybe some perch.
thanks for help............

riverjoon
07-01-2007, 04:32 PM
I think as far as targetting butts you can probably fishing any sandy area of the surf. I would try during the incoming before high tide and a couple hours past high tide. You can also try any type of jetty structures and the halibut seem to hold close to structure. I'd say the best way to find halibut is look for birds and schools of bait fish. Also look for jumping halibuts and try casting in that area. And you can use crocodiles retrieve let it flutter down and repeat. Drop shots rigs using Bass Trix, Gulp, other drop shot baits. You can also fish with the sandcrabs for perch and use morf or gulp camo worms carolina rigged for perch very slowly dragged along bottom. Also i you can get live bait that would be great. Heres some info on the halibut fishing. Good luck and may the fishing gods be with you. LOL

fishfinder
07-02-2007, 04:59 AM
thanks riverjon