PDA

View Full Version : Quail Lake-Reports?

Got-to-fish
09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Anybody fish Quail Lake latley or know of anybody that has? That lake has got to be full of some huge stripers since it doesn't get much fishing pressure and since the Aqueduct runs into it then Pyramid. I was there one time and we rode bikes to where the Aqueduct runs into it (to far to walk). I lost a huge striper there but landed a few catfish, saw other people catch striper though. Anyways, I always wanted to go back to get my revenge! They don't report on it anymore, is it closed now? Whats up?

Oz
09-28-2009, 03:30 PM
i havent been up there in over a year but it definatly produces some good catfishing and there is striper action. i used anchovy for the striper or lures and chicken liver for the catfish on c-rig.

fishfinder
09-28-2009, 04:24 PM
tough place to catch em at. last few people that said they went out this summer caught nothing. lake record is bigger than pyramids though.

tpfishnfool
10-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Not alot of reports come out of quail but there are GIANT's in there. Full moon nights are good but the wind can play a tough part in your success. The inlet is good and so is the cliffs past the inlet. Stripers seem to like bait over lures there. Chovies and dines work and the cats hit liver over macks. East end holds a nice number of largmouth. The bait fish in quail is abundant. Delta smelt, threadfin chad, and chubs are another good option although dont get caught with a throw net. Illigal as all hell and i have seen fools get nailed by the dfg. chad nets are ok.