PDA

View Full Version : astro / lunar table

ddoskocil
09-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Has anyone seen this table in bass magazines? I just saw it 2 months ago, but haven't fished enough to test itIt gives rankings on good vs bad days to fish based on the moon phase during each month. I had a bad day saturday at Perris on a bad ranked day - but it was scorching hot. Anyone have any ideas?

fishfinder
09-27-2009, 07:26 PM
i checked everytime i got back from fishing or before i went for a couple years or so. i think it's a bunch of B.S. at least in freshwater.

WARRIORMIKE
09-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Has anyone seen this table in bass magazines? I just saw it 2 months ago, but haven't fished enough to test itIt gives rankings on good vs bad days to fish based on the moon phase during each month. I had a bad day saturday at Perris on a bad ranked day - but it was scorching hot. Anyone have any ideas?

Said this once before, personally I think its just a bunch of mumbo jumbo with a small case of hoopla! Just get out there and fish!!!

Ray Lopez
10-12-2009, 04:35 PM
if you really want to see a good way to judge your fishing days then follow this method.
I picked up this info from reading "In Pursuit of Giant Bass" by Bill Murphy
this is a worthy book to own, it has a massive wealth of knowledge when it comes to targeting giant fish, and is from a san diego guide for like 40+ years before he passed away.

http://www.amazon.com/Pursuit-Giant-Bass-Bill-Murphy/dp/0963312006/ref=pd_sim_b_2

anyway back to what i was gonna say is i have tested this method and it has proven results.

Bill says that his best fishing has always been during a 3/4 waxing moon phase (3/4 into full) and that full moon is good but more so for the smaller fish but typically you will catch less fish, and then 3/4 waining moon (3/4 into 1/2). Now this means the daytime too. Now couple that with the barometric pressure dropping and a cold front moving in with a 3/4 moon phase and let me tell ya you are gonna be in for some pretty damn good fishing and you will land more big models.

3 Thursdays ago i went night fishing in the first 3/4 moon phase and had the drop in barometric pressure topped with the recent cold front just moving in at that time and i dropped um dead with all fish being in the 3 to 7 pound range and no smaller guys even got a chance to hit my lure. Then the full moon a week later showed signs of life but they were all small with a few 3 to 5 pounders showing. Then the next week 3/4 dropping moon was just about as good as the 3/4 rising phase but there were a few more smaller fish caught that night but there was a decent mix up of 3, 4, 5, and 7's in the mix.

I have been testing this out since i read about it in that book and so far all the info i have tried and proven itself very useful.

trail blazer
10-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Myself and Cutbait have been studying this ALOT while fishing at the duct<moon phase>and BARO,PRESSURE,,,,,,,

As quoted from above,,,,this is absolutely the best scenarrio,,,

Bill says that his best fishing has always been during a 3/4 waxing moon phase (3/4 into full) and that full moon is good but more so for the smaller fish but typically you will catch less fish, and then 3/4 waining moon (3/4 into 1/2). Now this means the daytime too. Now couple that with the barometric pressure dropping and a cold front moving in with a 3/4 moon phase and let me tell ya you are gonna be in for some pretty damn good fishing and you will land more big models.

END QUOTE.

For 2 years ive been comparing and keeping mentel knotes of my DUCT SLAYS,,,as opposed to my DUCT SKUNKS,,,,,Heres what ive discoverd

1 week before a full moon, on a falling barometer is almost a sure bet for a duct slay.

Just always remember,,,if your not around fish ,you cant catch fish,,,,,but once we find them during this perriod,,ITS ON!!!!!!!!

JMO
TRAIL BLAZER