PDA

View Full Version : South lake park @ irvine?

smokehound
09-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Is this private property? I heard this is a catch and release only lake, but i cant really find much info on it. Can someone please enlighten me about this spot? Im hoping there are some decent bass there to hook into.

Troutman65
09-27-2009, 06:01 PM
From what I understand there is no limit on the bass & eating them is encouraged

:Big Smile:

Frenchy
09-27-2009, 06:03 PM
ur supposed to live there but there are really relax but its really good fishing at the south end but personally i think north lake is better for fishing drop shot spinnerbaits etc sll the norm good topwater in the mornings and at night

smokehound
09-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Im definitely going here now. Thats badass, i didnt know this place had ties to Project Coast in africa.

Frenchy
09-28-2009, 11:55 AM
ahhahahhaah anthrax thats funny

flyforfish21
09-28-2009, 01:09 PM
just a heads up, they are stepping up security cause too many people are keeping the fish. Been fishing there with my buddy who showed me the place for almost 15 years, and never got kicked out, until a few weeks ago. The security guard actually threatened to give us a citation for not walking fast enough out of there, must of had a bad day or something. Just be careful, i wouldn't go during the day. Good luck

flyforfish21

Frenchy
09-28-2009, 02:38 PM
i was there last week one of the board members asked me for my id i said i forgot it but i was really nice to her and she said just make sure you have it next time just goes to show being nice gets you along way in life i know people who live there that have been kicked out for fishing there without an id but i was nice she let me slide probably helps i released a bass as she was coming up to me

Frenchy
09-28-2009, 02:39 PM
From what I understand there is no limit on the bass & eating them is encouraged

:Big Smile:

TM65 don't even joke like that some people will take you serious so ya nojoking like that

smokehound
09-28-2009, 07:14 PM
I think im going to steer clear of this lake. It's private. I dont want to cause any trouble..

Plus i cant afford another ticket. :P