PDA

View Full Version : Fall Maul on the Owens River, 9/26

Bassnman Mike
09-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Earlier this month my fishing buddy went down on his Harley, broke his wrist in 4 places, broke his collar bone and 3 ribs, anyhow he wanted to go fishing but was still in no shape to go out in the Champion so we went up north to do some bassin along the Owens river and had a great day.

The fall bite has started up there in a big way. While we didnt catch any worth taking pictures of, the largest was only about 3 pounds, we lost count of how many 1-2 pounders we caught, it was insane! We got them on Spinner baits, Crank baits, Swim Baits, Senkos, Jigs, drop shots and split shots, just about everything we threw. Of course all bass were released to be caught another day.

SeaSick17
09-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Where on the owens river?

BigHorseFarm
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
We catch them from Lone Pine all the way above Bishop. Some giant carp there also.

PWBUILDING
09-27-2009, 10:44 PM
great post mike. should have taken pics anyway PW

Bassnman Mike
09-28-2009, 06:03 AM
Thanks guys, it was a blast! Its not often that you have great days but the more you go the better your odds are of having a great day. The fall bite is just starting up there so I think it will only get better.

We started out at Lone Pine and worked our way up to Bishop. Word of warning, if your going to drive the back roads along the Owens be sure you take a 4 wheel drive. We took Toms new SUV with 4wd and we were glad that we had it more than once.

I guess I should have took some pictures but like I said, we didnt get anything big so I didnt bother. Next time I'll be sure to take some pictures no matter how small they might be.

vortec_cruiser
10-09-2009, 03:40 PM
I've fished that area of the Owens, and have caught alot of trout, but never got a bass. I remember seeing carp in there in the early 1960s.

smokinflies
10-09-2009, 08:40 PM
nice work hooking those Owens bass.

Bassnman Mike
10-11-2009, 06:38 PM
I've fished that area of the Owens, and have caught alot of trout, but never got a bass. I remember seeing carp in there in the early 1960s.

Try tossing bass lures and also look for the tributaries off of the river.

nice work hooking those Owens bass.

Thanks Smokin, they were alot of fun

vortec_cruiser
10-11-2009, 07:20 PM
I've something else to also fish for when I go back up there next month. Thanks for the insight!

BIGBASS MB
12-06-2009, 09:54 AM
I was up near bishop fishing the owesns river in oct and i also hooked lmb