PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid sucks

JimmyFSU
09-27-2009, 01:35 PM
i went to pyramid on sat. 9-26-09. launched my boat and started fishing up the west side. i saw a fish jump so i told my dad to slow down, got my top water spook out thru it once and caught a stiper, then once i got him off the lure 3mins later, i thru it a few more times and a nice big bass hit. it was a fight. now were drifting into all this alge. i tell my dad to pull us forward my fish is goin towards the huge alge bloom. sure enough he does. i finally reach down in the water grab my lure with the fish still on it. SUCCESS!!! at that point i just wanted my lure back. its my favorite. my buddy has one, and has won a 30,000 dollar boat from catching fish on this lure.

so basiclly the first 20mins were great. then the idiot boaters and jet-skiers makin killer wake and the alge was sending my blood pressure thru the roof... we were catching alot of trophy bait. so that was amusing, bushin up on the skills i was just taught. anyways castaic is better dont waste your time at this lake. the extra 6 bucks to get in is worth it.

mamachipy
09-27-2009, 01:50 PM
That's why you don't go there on the weekends, the lake lice is terrible!!!! It does sound like the fishing has its potential if you can avoid the traffic.

JimmyFSU
09-27-2009, 01:58 PM
the traffic was bare able. but the algae was TERRIBLE!! i was getting hit pretty good on plastics. my top water is killer when there jumping. but it was the algae. everytime i reeled it i was full of it...

also, i hate jet-skiers! i like how castaic handled that problem.

BingJr
09-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Figuring out how to catch fish amidst the Wake Boarders and Jet Skii'rs is the bane of all So Cal Fisherman... :Sad:

JimmyFSU
09-27-2009, 02:07 PM
yeah, tell me about it, thats why i like the littlerock dam. no wake!!! its great. i get sleepy when i fish there.
before the station fire i went twice, and i caught some good trout. it was a very relaxing day. i brought my son who is 12, hes my wifes son. he caught a bluegill. i was just happy to see him catch something.

Bassnman Mike
09-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Pyramid is a fun lake to fish, lots of bites and big fish. If possible try going on a weekday, its alot more relaxing. Also, as the weather cools the weeds will die, the stripers will turn on and the crowds will thin out on the weekends.

CAPT'N
09-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Bassnman Mike is correct.

Once the weather cools the lice and the algae die off.

Pyramid is a great fishery, but poorly run and managed.

Capt'n

JimmyFSU
09-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Pyramid is a fun lake to fish, lots of bites and big fish. If possible try going on a weekday, its alot more relaxing. Also, as the weather cools the weeds will die, the stripers will turn on and the crowds will thin out on the weekends.

Bassnman Mike is correct.

Once the weather cools the lice and the algae die off.

Pyramid is a great fishery, but poorly run and managed.

Capt'n

thats what i wanna here, my dad was just here and said once they stock the trout the big striper come out and play haha

Fishthewhaler
09-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Give it a try during the week without the idiots, and algae bloom.. It always has its time of the year!! Try again after Thanksgiving....Plus you can have beer up there, Castaic is ZERO tolerance..If you like the suds..
FTW