PDA

View Full Version : Big sur campgrounds

Simplyeman
09-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Does anyone know of any real nice camp sites in the area. I am looking for a very natural place. As long as I can legally pitch a tent and camp and start a fire that's all I want. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Only one I've really taken a notice to was Julia Pfieffer Burn state park.

Thanks everyone.

spartafish
09-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Its the only campground on the coastal side of PCH in the area. All the campgrounds are situated on a bluff and have an expansive view of the ocean. There is a short trail that goes down to the beach below, too.

Simplyeman
09-27-2009, 09:11 PM
I believe youre the just the man i need to talk to......

So is there a fee requirement or is it first come first serve? Can you have fires?

watermmike
09-29-2009, 11:56 AM
I camped there last year and it was $22 a night, no campfires and NO WATER. The campground is covered with poison oak too. The ranger told me that the state does not have the money to repair the water system. And yes it is a pretty view of the ocean. No reservations.

seal
09-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I stayed up there years ago at a spot near Big Sur (before it if I remember correctly) and it had showers and a real nice campground. River ran through it, I remember seeing big fish in there, think they were some type of Salmon or Steelhead. Wish I could remember the name of it, don't remember an Ocean view though so I wonder if it is the same campground?

I know it was right by a few stores that sold crystals and mystical stuff and a killer pizza joint.

Simplyeman
09-29-2009, 03:51 PM
The River inn. I was thinking of somewhere more secluded. That way when we drink we don't disturb anyone.