PDA

View Full Version : Team 57's "Appreciation Day" Event,

tippywhippy
09-26-2009, 04:01 PM
How was fishing? How many were caught? Any Pictures?

Troutman65
09-26-2009, 05:29 PM
I would think that some posts will be up later tonight and more the following days . It was a 24 hour fishing event.

saintarv
09-26-2009, 07:42 PM
I would think that some posts will be up later tonight and more the following days . It was a 24 hour fishing event.

Where were you? People were looking for you. LOL

Frenchy
09-26-2009, 10:24 PM
I did really well ended up with 15 fish all together biggest one going 11.3 pounds on the scale.
Fishing was steady all night for me,also caught a 4.5 lber.

Had a fun time with all of you out there good meeting new faces. For those of you who were there the asain girl did finally wake up, and is doin well. LOL

Too tried to post full report will do so tomorrow

BingJr
09-26-2009, 10:51 PM
I heard Frenchy did the best by a long ways, most had either 0 -3 fish. Sounds like another very mediocore fishing outing for most except French. Great job on the solid limit. Sounds like you had the hot spot. I hear SARL is banning private boats. I guess I will never be back.. :Crying:

Frenchy
09-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Thank you very much bing

Rooster
09-27-2009, 12:02 AM
I hear SARL is banning private boats. I guess I will never be back.. :Crying:
I am gonna be bumbed if this is correct.. I loved taking my boat there. I will never forget hooking Lizzays anchor he was toeing around the lake without even knowing :ROFL: That was a great day hey Binger? Broken water filled lures for the win :Secret:

Frenchy
09-27-2009, 12:04 AM
It is true that they did ban private boats there was a few boaters who were not allowed to launch their boat last night

Rooster
09-27-2009, 12:29 AM
It is true that they did ban private boats there was a few boaters who were not allowed to launch their boat last night
Thx for the info Binger and Frenchy, I found this on the web site
NOTICE: 09-17-09
BY ORDER OF THE WATER DISTRICT,
NO PRIVATE BOATS ARE ALLOWED
AT SANTA ANA RIVER LAKES
AND ANAHEIM LAKE (WHEN OPEN).

THE DISTRICT WISHES TO AVOID
SPREADING QUAGGA MUSSELS
INTO THESE LAKES.

Frenchy
09-27-2009, 12:31 AM
I was told the water district found one mussel so ya i believe they already have them but who knows you figure people go from irvine to santa ana quite a bit so they had to transport them by now

Troutman65
09-27-2009, 03:35 AM
The Quagga mussels are going to be a fact of life for all lakes in the Southern California area.

sansou
09-27-2009, 09:47 AM
I heard Frenchy did the best by a long ways, most had either 0 -3 fish. Sounds like another very mediocore fishing outing for most except French. Great job on the solid limit. Sounds like you had the hot spot. I hear SARL is banning private boats. I guess I will never be back.. :Crying:

BingJr,

I didn't see you at the event. Were you there? Either way, it sounds like you got all our events figured out, well, from a "bass professional's" perspective at least. :Wink:

Congrats Frenchy, sounds like you did well. In the morning, Maverick and I saw an FNNer pull up his stringer....we were thinking "limits". Other FNNers just opted to get on the tilapia bite rather than cats.

Personally, I enjoyed the event. I got to hang out with a few FNNers I've yet to meet, and to top it off, I didn't have to work the grill cause Dr. Hook was there to do it properly!!

BingJr
09-27-2009, 11:46 AM

You can try to start another fight Rich if you want, but I don't think you have much to stand on here. From the peeps I talked to the company was much better than the fishing. I am sure some people caught fish. Never tried to say otherwise. But I guess you have me figured out rich, "from a lawyers perspective".

TShaffer
09-27-2009, 12:05 PM
I did really well ended up with 15 fish all together biggest one going 11.3 pounds on the scale.
Fishing was steady all night for me,also caught a 4.5 lber.

Had a fun time with all of you out there good meeting new faces. For those of you who were there the asain girl did finally wake up, and is doin well. LOL

Too tried to post full report will do so tomorrow

Haha nice. She was toasted before we even went in! That's awesome to hear that you ended up with 15 fish! So did the bite pick up after we left?

Frenchy
09-27-2009, 12:17 PM
ya she was lol aahahhaahhahaha but ya it was epic a little bit after you guys left

TShaffer
09-27-2009, 12:26 PM
ya she was lol aahahhaahhahaha but ya it was epic a little bit after you guys left

I knew it would be...

Fisherman57
09-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Fishing was far from "very mediocre". Most everyone I ran into had fish......Including my 12 year old, the Conejo Kid.......It was easy pickins' if you knew where......and how.

Here's a pic of the Conejo Kid's mediocre day

His Tilapia

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg84/TEAM57FISHING/SARL1050.jpg

His Cats

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg84/TEAM57FISHING/SARL1052.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg84/TEAM57FISHING/SARL1038.jpg

He only fished off and on up until 1:00 am and we had to wake him up on the way out of the gate just to take the above pics......No doubt he would have had easy limits had we fished the full 24.....

Another great TEAM 57 event.....TONS OF FOOD.....Thanks to everyone who supported and came out.......More events coming soon......I'll have more later.

PS........the Orange County Water District is the one who the made the call on no private boats at this time. SARL management is just following orders.

BingJr
09-27-2009, 02:06 PM
PS........the Orange County Water District is the one who the made the call on no private boats at this time. SARL management is just following orders.

This news is a major bumber. Had some good days out there last year on the troll. Great quality of fish. I am sure it is coming from the OCWD and not SARL. Just a bumber of a bit of news.

Those are some beautiful Tilapia. Good Looking fish. I heard the Tilapia bite was good.

Troutman65
09-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Where were you? People were looking for you. LOL

Saint, I really wanted to attend this event . I am unemployed and funds are tight.

Glad everyone had a good time and got some fish.:Cool:

PONTOON
09-27-2009, 06:41 PM
That's no mediocre catch at all! Congratulations Brennan:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:
I knew after talking to Dana earlier in the day you were going to be set up to have a good night catching catfish and I had no idea the tilapia bite was going to be so good.
Since I've yet to catch a tilapia, what do you say about teaching me how to catch 'em sometime?

Dana, great job on setting up another successful Team57 event! I wish Trolly and I could have been there with you all but we had to do some studying for the finals coming up!

Fishing was far from "very mediocre". Most everyone I ran into had fish......Including my 12 year old, the Conejo Kid.......It was easy pickins' if you knew where......and how.

Here's a pic of the Conejo Kid's mediocre day

His Tilapia

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg84/TEAM57FISHING/SARL1050.jpg

His Cats

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg84/TEAM57FISHING/SARL1052.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg84/TEAM57FISHING/SARL1038.jpg

He only fished off and on up until 1:00 am and we had to wake him up on the way out of the gate just to take the above pics......No doubt he would have had easy limits had we fished the full 24.....

Another great TEAM 57 event.....TONS OF FOOD.....Thanks to everyone who supported and came out.......More events coming soon......I'll have more later.

troutdog
09-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Nice pics Dana, the Conejo Kid is en fuego!!!!

Another great night with friends, thanks for making it happen Team57!!!

TD

TroutOnly
09-28-2009, 07:24 AM
HEY BINGJR HOW DO YOU DEFINE MEDIOCRE? IT SEEMS THE FISHING THERE WAS PRETTY GOOD, I PUT THREE LIMITS ON THE BOAT YESTERDAY AND TO ME THAT WAS A MEDIOCRE DAY CAUSE IT TOOK MOST OF THE DAY, THE DAY BEFORE THAT I DID A GUIDE TRIP TO BIG BEAR AND THE FISHING ON MY BOAT WAS GREAT THAT DAY AND WE ONLY GOT TWO FISH, THE FISHING THERE WAS BRUTAL AND BOAT TRAFFIC OUT OF CONTROL AND NOBODY OUT OF THE DOZENS OF BOATS INCLUDING LOCAL GUIDE BOATS ROAD THE SKUNK ALL DAY AND THATS BEEN GOING ON THERE FOR A WHILE. TO SOMEBODY WHO HARDLY CATCHES A ONE FISH SKUNK BEATER WAS GREAT, YOU SEEM TO HAVE A NEGATIVE SPIN ON MOST OF YOUR REPLIES LATELY SINCE YOU DONT PUT UP REPORTS ANYMORE , IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY ON THIS SITE MAYBE YOU SHOULD STAY AT HOME ON YOUR TEAM BLUEGILL SITE, I HATE TO BE LIKE THIS BUT PAL ITS GETTING OLD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

bluehunter
09-28-2009, 07:35 AM
Great Job Dana on an other awesome event and outting. Looks like another great time was had by all.

bullets_full
09-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Dang Conejo Kid,

Those are some nice talapia!:Shocked: Those fish make the best fish tacos. Congratulations on the great catches. Of course when you've got a good teacher like Dana, I'm sure it was easy.

_Bullets

scca
09-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks again Dana for the support of SCCA. We had a blast out there with the 57 family. Thanks to all the 57 members that stop to introduce themselves and hang out for bit. It was a truly beautiful night for some fishing. We pick a few cats oursleves and probadly miss more just talking around the bbq. My buddy moved to the front and slayed them pretty good. So you could find limits you just had to move around alittle to get on top of them. Once again thanks Dana.

CAPT'N
09-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Looks like another great time with friends and fishing. to bad about private boats , but we might as well get used to it.

Capt'n

troutdog
09-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Great pictures from the SCCA! Sorry I didn't get a chance to stop by, but I'm glad to hear you got a few fish and enjoyed the evening! Hope to see you at the next event, you guys embody what its all about...friends, family and fishing. :Thumbs Up:

TD

La-Califa
09-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Had a great time, Fished on the North/Middle side of the pond. Caught two good sized Cat's before 9:00 PM 2 or 3 pounders. Using Shrimp & Mackerel. Caught another smaller Cat about 4 AM. with a chicken Liver. After that the bite went cold for the duration. Had a blast though. Oh and also Caught something which snapped my 12 lb. test line like nothing. (Could have been huge)! Overall great time!.

yamafish
09-28-2009, 08:14 PM
HEY BINGJR HOW DO YOU DEFINE MEDIOCRE? IT SEEMS THE FISHING THERE WAS PRETTY GOOD, I PUT THREE LIMITS ON THE BOAT YESTERDAY AND TO ME THAT WAS A MEDIOCRE DAY CAUSE IT TOOK MOST OF THE DAY, THE DAY BEFORE THAT I DID A GUIDE TRIP TO BIG BEAR AND THE FISHING ON MY BOAT WAS GREAT THAT DAY AND WE ONLY GOT TWO FISH, THE FISHING THERE WAS BRUTAL AND BOAT TRAFFIC OUT OF CONTROL AND NOBODY OUT OF THE DOZENS OF BOATS INCLUDING LOCAL GUIDE BOATS ROAD THE SKUNK ALL DAY AND THATS BEEN GOING ON THERE FOR A WHILE. TO SOMEBODY WHO HARDLY CATCHES A ONE FISH SKUNK BEATER WAS GREAT, YOU SEEM TO HAVE A NEGATIVE SPIN ON MOST OF YOUR REPLIES LATELY SINCE YOU DONT PUT UP REPORTS ANYMORE , IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY ON THIS SITE MAYBE YOU SHOULD STAY AT HOME ON YOUR TEAM BLUEGILL SITE, I HATE TO BE LIKE THIS BUT PAL ITS GETTING OLD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

A very surpising post .. Although disappointing
LadyFish and I have fished with both T/O and BingJr...

I find it somewhat disconcerting that T/O felt it was necessary to write something negative in regards to BingJr in a public forum.
What really is the impetus of posting a negative thread toward another fisherman?

Prehaps this is something that could have been addressed in a PM T/O?

Regards,
Rodger - YamaFish

scca
09-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks troutdog for the love !!

Ladyfish
09-28-2009, 08:31 PM
I usually do not like to get involved in controversies on the board, however, when a good friend of mine is put down I feel the need to stand up for them. I was very shocked and dismayed by T/O's comments toward Bing Jr. Bing is the nicest guy and I do not feel the comments were appropriate. I asked several people that went how the fishing was and I was told the same thing Bing was, so granted there are those who will catch fish but why is it wrong to speak the truth and say that others were disappointed? There is no need to say negative things about a fellow angler. Everyone is entitled to relay information they are given and speak their opinions and should not have to worry about someone attacking them personally.
This is just my opinion and I want others to know that I do not feel Bing Jr deserved these comments. To those of you that know him you know he is a great angler and is always willing to share his knowledge with others.

Ladyfish

Wingnut
09-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Yamafish & Ladyfish... so noble of you guys to stick up for your "friend".
Strange how people say such nice things to your face but do otherwise when they think you're not listening.
I haven't spoken to Bob since Sunday's trip, but I know he wouldn't make such comments without just cause.
Trust me, you don't want Bob's friends to rally and back him up on the board. It could prove quite embarrassing to all those involved.

Fisherman57
09-28-2009, 09:06 PM
A very surpising post .. Although disappointing
LadyFish and I have fished with both T/O and BingJr...

I find it somewhat disconcerting that T/O felt it was necessary to write something negative in regards to BingJr in a public forum.
What really is the impetus of posting a negative thread toward another fisherman?

Prehaps this is something that could have been addressed in a PM T/O?

Regards,
Rodger - YamaFish

Whats really disappointing is that some members who used to be regulars and good contributors to this site now find the need to only post negative remarks or respond to moments like this.....

Couldn't your response have been handled thru a PM as well?...... seems a bit hypocritical. No?

From what I read, TO was ALSO addressing other posts as well as this one...... correct?

YOU SEEM TO HAVE A NEGATIVE SPIN ON MOST OF YOUR REPLIES LATELY SINCE YOU DONT PUT UP REPORTS ANYMORE

His remark was directed to another member, NOT YOU. Why jump in and be the "third man in" and make things worse?

I usually do not like to get involved in controversies on the board, however, when a good friend of mine is put down I feel the need to stand up for them. I was very shocked and dismayed by T/O's comments toward Bing Jr. Bing is the nicest guy and I do not feel the comments were appropriate. I asked several people that went how the fishing was and I was told the same thing Bing was, so granted there are those who will catch fish but why is it wrong to speak the truth and say that others were disappointed? There is no need to say negative things about a fellow angler. Everyone is entitled to relay information they are given and speak their opinions and should not have to worry about someone attacking them personally.
This is just my opinion and I want others to know that I do not feel Bing Jr deserved these comments. To those of you that know him you know he is a great angler and is always willing to share his knowledge with others.

Ladyfish

While I appreciate that you are defending your "good friend", both you & Roger have been onboard TO's boat in the past, and the thing that dismays me the MOST about your post is that YOU as well as Roger , DID NOT give any courtesy of addressing the issue to TO via a PM........ so much for member/friend courtesy huh?

Oh, I know.... you'll argue that you did it the same way he did it..... and that you "just wanted to state your opinion"....... but for some reason, your post has a bit of a "piling on" feel to it........ so...... if your post is in trying to be the better person....... you didnt accomplish that.

I always try to be the bigger person (I dont always succeed).... but I try...... even if it involves having to swallow my pride at times...... just something I learned from my dad.

The funny thing is...... you, Roger, and Bing didnt even attend the event.....

BTW..... it's never wrong "to speak the truth"...... however, I'm sure TO was addressing the "sounds like another very mediocore fishing outing" comment....... which we all know, was FAR FROM THE TRUTH.

So.......... lets get back to fishing, and quit slammin' our friends.....

If you guys have an issue with what I've said here..... please address it in a PM to me.

Thread Locked.