PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day fishing experience!

GullFisher
09-26-2009, 10:29 AM
As I woke up Saturday morning to my Dad "Gullfisher" staring at me, saying Buddy were going camping up in the mountains. I thought he was kidding but no, he said get packed we are leaving in 1 hour. So I hurried up and got my clothes packed and was in the truck in minutes and then we were off! After watching 3 movies we finally made it up to Silver Lake, and we found the best spot in the world at Silver Lake Federal Camp Ground, it was spot #10 and since the restrooms were being remodeled we were right next to the port-a-potty. As we wake up Sunday morning and go to Gull Lake for a few hours and got the SKUNK!!! But then we went to the little store at the marina to get a cup of coffee and hot chocolate we met with a worker that told us Lee Vining creek was HOT! so our next destination was to Lee Vining creek. After a short nap on the way we made it there and it was packed. My Dad had to change to his boots so I ran down to the stream where there was no one there. So I put 3 fresh salmon eggs on and dropped it out in the center of the creek and once it hit the water- BAM! I got a hit! I got it in and had a small but nice 1/2 pounder! Once my dad got down to fish, a little family left their spot at the little pond where every one was and we just hit it. We caught everything we caster out to. So once we left there we there we had 5 real nice fish and also released twice that many.

Then my dad asked me if i wanted to go to the high country and try our luck? So we headed up to Saddlebag Lake and I caught a little 8" rainbow but let him go because he was too small. We went back to camp and had a great lunch and listened to a Dodgers game then when Gullfisher was getting into shorts and a clean T shirt, a doe and her two fawn came right through our camp spot it was cool!!! After that we walked down to Silver and I got my moneys worth out of the trip! I caught a huge 3 pound, 23 inch beautiful Alpers trout and it was RED along it's sides!!! After that my Aad started to talk to some really nice people and he caught a nice pound and a 1/2 rainbow trout. after that we went back to camp and had a nice meal of steak and trout. At the end of the trip we ended up with 8 really nice trout.

diamondbear
09-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Glad you and your dad did good and had fun , It was the good old days of going up to the sierras at the last minute , as those are the ones we do really good , ha .

Troutman65
09-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Very Cool trip. Thanks for sharing. :Cool: