PDA

View Full Version : polluted

fisherman from long beach
09-26-2009, 07:08 AM
i hit up n.p.h last night,was working the docks out at the island and a young lady was walking by and told me did you know the water is polluted?i said yeah and told her i dont keep the fish just having some fun.and she continued to tell me the city of n.p dumbed something in the bay by accident and they posted these lil warning all around the island ,i did'nt see them until she pointed to them.i ignored the warning and kept fishing.i was working the dropshot got caught in some eel grass and pulled a nice handfull of it up,then i noticed a bright blue substance on the weeds,it was about the size of a green pea,and it had a glowing effect to it.i showed a couple of folks that were walking by and 2 guys said that it might be phosphorios.so i cut my trip short,just wantd to give the headsup to some of the tubers or dock fisherman to be carefull.fisherman from .l.b.

boxl0bster
09-26-2009, 08:44 AM
damn that doesnt sound too good. thanks for the heads up.

socalfish
09-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Quick question who were the signs posted by? I called harbor patrol they gave me a number to health agencies they control beach closures but they are closed. habor patrol didnt know anything about and wanted to know who the signs were posted by. i was ssupposed t hit up the harbor tomorrow.

Troutman65
09-26-2009, 12:24 PM
i hit up n.p.h last night,was working the docks out at the island and a young lady was walking by and told me did you know the water is polluted?i said yeah and told her i dont keep the fish just having some fun.and she continued to tell me the city of n.p dumbed something in the bay by accident and they posted these lil warning all around the island ,i did'nt see them until she pointed to them.i ignored the warning and kept fishing.i was working the dropshot got caught in some eel grass and pulled a nice handfull of it up,then i noticed a bright blue substance on the weeds,it was about the size of a green pea,and it had a glowing effect to it.i showed a couple of folks that were walking by and 2 guys said that it might be phosphorios.so i cut my trip short,just wantd to give the headsup to some of the tubers or dock fisherman to be carefull.fisherman from .l.b.

YIKES :!!!::Bug Eyes:

09-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Quick question who were the signs posted by? I called harbor patrol they gave me a number to health agencies they control beach closures but they are closed. habor patrol didnt know anything about and wanted to know who the signs were posted by. i was ssupposed t hit up the harbor tomorrow.the lady told me the city put them up.i walked quit a bit and they were put from the public doc by the ferry going south,i didnt read who posted them just that they had no swimming on the lil beaches

klocked
09-26-2009, 10:14 PM
That glowing blue "stuff" was probably bioluminescent organisms, comes with the red tide usually. I've seen it alot in NPH during the summer.

Jaysuuun
09-26-2009, 10:17 PM
NPH smells like @$$ especially during low tide, but the fishing there is great. :LOL:

hbomb
09-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Mannnnn thats to bad. Glowing blue stuff coming out of the water is not good... :Shocked:

sansou
09-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Not sure what you guys have up there, but down here in SD, when the water is warm (ie. summertime), we have blue/green bioluminescence in the bay. It's natural.

The crashing waves glow, and the mackerel accumulate it (their poop glows).

smokehound
09-27-2009, 12:49 PM
ive been eating fish from here for years. no glowing poop :lol:

09-28-2009, 09:53 AM
That glowing blue "stuff" was probably bioluminescent organisms, comes with the red tide usually. I've seen it alot in NPH during the summer.i hope your right i really like to fish nph,there was a guy there and he told the red tide had come in,,and that was b4 i seen that glowing blue stuff.

Poxy Boggards
09-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I've seen the bright green glowing stuff down there a few times this summer.

I fish down there all the time, it's great, no more need for a night light for those late night bathroom trips...

hoytrecurver
09-29-2009, 01:10 PM
I fish the docks near the ferry and haven't seen any flyers about the water being more polluted than usual. I've seen glowing organisms recently but green and much smaller than a pea. Kind of hard to notice if you're not looking. Some guy even told me that the red tide was also up.

09-29-2009, 02:21 PM
I fish the docks near the ferry and haven't seen any flyers about the water being more polluted than usual. I've seen glowing organisms recently but green and much smaller than a pea. Kind of hard to notice if you're not looking. Some guy even told me that the red tide was also up.the signs im talking about were right on the sand where they have their cement that seperates the lil beach to the walk way where every body runs or walks around the island.this was friday night maybe they took them down already,but i know what i seen,i would'nt be bullshittin anybody.i also mentioned the red tide was up and what i seen was blue and pea size,i was just takin the eel weeds off my ds.when i noticed.just givin the heads up.:!!!:

hoytrecurver
09-29-2009, 08:58 PM
the signs im talking about were right on the sand where they have their cement that seperates the lil beach to the walk way where every body runs or walks around the island.this was friday night maybe they took them down already,but i know what i seen,i would'nt be bullshittin anybody.i also mentioned the red tide was up and what i seen was blue and pea size,i was just takin the eel weeds off my ds.when i noticed.just givin the heads up.:!!!:

I know you're not BSing. They should have posted more than just the beaches. I've seen kids playing in the water near some of the private docks. Although the houses along the sidewalk may have had those flyers posted on their doors. As for those glowing things I've seen some on Sunday night but not as much as Friday.

09-30-2009, 07:38 AM
no worries,just wanted to let people know what i seen.and what one of the residents told me and also pointed out the signs that were posted.

smokehound
10-01-2009, 12:13 PM
i really doubt its THAT dirty. People are just trying everything they can to scare fishermen away =\

with so much eelgrass, algae, and all those mussels and oysters, and mullet, its well filtered.

Alot of people scream at me for fishing on the public docks. its getting ridiculous.

10-01-2009, 02:57 PM
i really doubt its THAT dirty. People are just trying everything they can to scare fishermen away =\

with so much eelgrass, algae, and all those mussels and oysters, and mullet, its well filtered.

Alot of people scream at me for fishing on the public docks. its getting ridiculous.ive never got that from anyone there,and i was hittin it every weekend,and most of the people always ask me what i have caught.the lady that pointed it out ,she was very nice,but what i mentioned is ,the city spilled something in there,im sure it will be ok,by now.what i trip on is people let their kids swim right there and its a sewer outlet.

smokehound
10-01-2009, 05:45 PM
that is true though, people shouldnt be exposing their genitals to the water. While its safe to eat fish from there, you definitely dont want a bad cut, or your urinary tract, to come into contact with the water. Not to mention all the animal feces near the bushes *barf*

fish4keep
10-01-2009, 08:02 PM
ive never got that from anyone there,and i was hittin it every weekend,and most of the people always ask me what i have caught.the lady that pointed it out ,she was very nice,but what i mentioned is ,the city spilled something in there,im sure it will be ok,by now.what i trip on is people let their kids swim right there and its a sewer outlet.

There's drainage outlet throughout NPH. They're everywhere.

I havent' had anyone yelling at me either. One girl did ask me if I was fishing for "dog". I just asked her, "Where's the best spot to catch those?" :EyePop::EyePop::ROFL::ROFL: