PDA

View Full Version : Protect your right to fish.....

GillyGreen
07-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Hi all,
As you may know the MLPA's are coming. It is up to you to try to protect what you can. They are looking to close at least 40% of our fishable waters...(Dana pt., Point Vicente, Huntington Flats, Catalina, etc.) Do your part and visit your local Turners or other tackle shop (most shops should have them) and fill out the United Anglers survey.. Its quick and easy. Fill out your personal info, circle three areas that you like to fish and label em 1,2,3 and they will try to save it. You dont have to mail them in , just leave them at the store and a representative will pick them up. I am not affilliated with United Anglers, but i do know they are one of the biggest players in protecting our right to fish. Please take a minute out of your day and get in there to help out. Do your part, Thanks.

Mike
Big Hammer Swimbaits

JapanRon
07-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi GillyGreen,

Hey Mike !!

I'm thinking that ALL the fishing sites' main discussion boards dealing with California saltwater ought to have a sticky with links to organizations fighting for our rights.

JapanRon

KaliDawgFan
07-01-2007, 01:03 PM
What's MLPA?

GillyGreen
07-01-2007, 06:36 PM
A MLPA is part of the marine life protection act. It is a way for environazis to create preserves that do not allow any type of fishing. There is no scientific study that these reserves will in any way benefit our fishing. Instead of attacking the bottom trawlers and longliners and foreign fishing fleets, they are taking it out on sportfisherman. They expect overflows from these areas to increase catches for fisherman... There is even recent scientific studies that show rockfish stocks have been steady the last 10 years not declining. when was the last time you caught a supposed endangered bocaccio(salmon grouper). last i checked the farnsworth of china point san clemente and other major rockfishing area is infested with them... great science huh... sorry for the ranting... it just pisses me off.... thanks

Mike
Big Hammer Swimbaits

smokehound
07-02-2007, 04:40 AM
in all fairness though, there are alot of bad fishermen out there..

Website lurkers must be a dominant percentage of all bad fishermen, aside from natives that just dont give a ****.