PDA

View Full Version : New Pungo 120 bye bye prodigy 100 exp

jonee523
04-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Well after 10 days with the prodigy 100 I relized the boat was too small. I ended up back at Southwind Kayaks yesterday. I took a $110 hit but was able to upgrade to the Pungo 120. Those guys are great if your looking for a yak. Anyway the new kayak is super stable a big improvment over the prodigy. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think I need the stabilizers anymore. I need to try it without them to see how she handles. As far as I know and can tell she is bigger and more stable than the past boat. I will try to post pics later this week.

Tight lines,

Jon

jonee523

AKA fish repailer
04-29-2007, 11:58 AM
nice yak, if you dont mind me asking, how much?

jonee523
04-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks,

The kayak was $775 at southwind. They have lots of nice stuff there including a semi-used section. I have done lots of mods including flush mount rod holders, a fishing deck and fish finder. If your looking for a boat goto the all kayak fishing, paddling.net and kayak fishing sites. They have kayak classifieds. You can get a really good bargain sometimes. If new I highly recommend Southwind in Irvine.

Jon

jonee523

rocklee
05-04-2007, 11:59 AM
I think I saw you a Lake Perris,
We talk for alittle bit
I was the one with the two seater orange kayak with my buddie,
our kayak was the one that had alot water in it

jonee523
05-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Hey bro,

I remember you and your firend. Have you had the chance to get on the water again? The fishing at perris has been not too good lately. I havent seen any bass to speak of. My last outing netted me 6 crappie and 1 bass on the troll. I'm hoping to get out to mission or newport bay this weekend.
So if anything I'll see you on the water.

Jon

jonee523