PDA

View Full Version : 20 lb limit of Bass @ the "PUDD" in scorching triple digit heat.... 9/25/2009

jw4Bassing
09-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Got a day off today so I gave a call to my brother last night to ask about the Striper and LMB bite for "Castaic". And based on the info that I got from him, it seems that the current conditions were mediocre. So anyways, I then decided to pass up on going to Castaic and chose to stay close to home and hit the "PUDD" instead.

I arrived there in the morning and noticed that the gate was already opened and several boats has already launched. Got all my gear into the boat, launched and proceeded from there. After turning on my Lowrance unit, I've noticed off the bat that the conditions didn't really changed much from the last time I was there and the thought in my mind was that these bass are ready to play. First and foremost, I've just need to find myself a good concentration of baitfish and these solid school of "Greenies" should be nearby. Once located, it was game on. I basically just used the same one two punch of baits that I used on my last outing (See previous post "Bassin @ the PUDD") to score on these feisty chunky bass.

Anyways, the final tally was that I ended up hooking and landing a total of (14) fish and farming a total of (5) fish. All in all, it was a pretty awesome day out there in this damn scorching heat. So if you want to get into this bite and catch some bass, you have to deal with this hot weather first and also just make sure to bring plenty of water and sunscreen with you.

Here is one photo of my (2) bass which weighed approx. 5 and 4 pounds respectively:
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/jw4bassing/002.jpg

Tight Lines......

JW

THROWBACK RANGER
09-25-2009, 06:40 PM
way to tough out the heat!!! i went up to castaic today and it was tough! the boils were few and far in between, and it was flat out hot! i was gone by 11am. it appears you made the right choice. good job !!!

smokinflies
09-25-2009, 08:22 PM
nice work at the pudd.

flyforfish21
09-26-2009, 10:09 AM
sweet fish as always JW!!! That spot is one area we didn't really give time the other day, apparently we should've lol...Nice outing at the PUDD!!

Flyforfish21

old pudd fisher
09-26-2009, 09:48 PM
I love it! Nice posts and picture.

a biley
09-26-2009, 10:00 PM
YEAH! nice, I'm lovin it

basscatcher
09-27-2009, 11:44 AM
nice fish bro

YEAH! nice, I'm lovin it

a biley you got to get out there bro the bite has been good.

God BLess

basscatcher

diamondbear
09-27-2009, 02:06 PM
jw , I enjoy reading your posts as your on top of your game . A TRUE EXPERT in this field . You have what it takes to be a fishing guide . // db

jw4Bassing
09-28-2009, 07:01 PM
I appreciate your positive comments everyone.

jw , I enjoy reading your posts as your on top of your game . A TRUE EXPERT in this field . You have what it takes to be a fishing guide . // db

Hey DB,

Thanks for your kind words. I remember meeting you back at "DVL" in the spring of '2007' and will look forward to seeing you again when the lake opens back up for private boaters in the spring of '2010'. I definitely sure missed fishing that lake for those quality bass and big Blue Catfish.

Tight Lines.....

JW