PDA

View Full Version : iPhone finally has picture messaging...

gavin310
09-25-2009, 01:54 PM
All you iPhone users, as of today just upgrade your iPhone in iTunes and after you restart you'll have MMS capabilities, which is long overdue. AT&T finally got around to getting their network capable of handling all the traffic that will come. Finally I can send picture txts of my fish to my friends...

dudelove
09-25-2009, 11:06 PM
don"t upgrade your phone to 3.1 ur phone going be all wack , like ur battery life will not last as long as before and u get freezing issue. once you upgrade to 3.1 you can't downgrade back to 3.0 . we have 4 iphone in our family 3 are on 3.1 and are crap and the one on 3.0 is fine. be warn

DarkShadow
09-26-2009, 08:00 AM
If AT&T's network couldn't handle the iPhone overload without picture messaging, i refuse to believe they've 'upgraded' it so that even MORE data could be handled through it.

As soon as Cingular merged with AT&T, I jumped ship because of the fact they gladly took on new customers, and didn't upgrade their network to reflect that influx. Typical corporate decision...

With MMS now available, I'm gonna love hearing the complaints since I doubt their newtwork can handle the extra traffic.

lalo56
09-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Im not seeing any issues with it. Not like i use MMS through out the day.

The Angler
09-26-2009, 11:20 AM
don"t upgrade your phone to 3.1 ur phone going be all wack , like ur battery life will not last as long as before and u get freezing issue. once you upgrade to 3.1 you can't downgrade back to 3.0 . we have 4 iphone in our family 3 are on 3.1 and are crap and the one on 3.0 is fine. be warn
Upgraded when the update first came out, and work flawlessly for me. Plus if you dont upgrade to 3.1 u have a major security issue with email/ SMS messages so if I were you I'd upgrade.

If AT&T's network couldn't handle the iPhone overload without picture messaging, i refuse to believe they've 'upgraded' it so that even MORE data could be handled through it.

As soon as Cingular merged with AT&T, I jumped ship because of the fact they gladly took on new customers, and didn't upgrade their network to reflect that influx. Typical corporate decision...

With MMS now available, I'm gonna love hearing the complaints since I doubt their newtwork can handle the extra traffic.

Yea this whole "network cant handle all the traffic" I read an article the other day about AT&T's Network uses in USA and mms messaging only used up 2.3 % of network traffic while SMS used up to 88 %. I think us Iphone users are getting robbed of services that we should be getting with our unlimited Data plans. Yea we get unlimited Internet but what good is that if the freakin Safari Brower is capable of viewing Flash based webpages, And more then half of the web is going Flash based?

If it wasnt for jailbreaking my Iphone It would be almost useless to me. now they want $199.99 for the 3GS cause it has video? **** I have had video recording on my 3G since the day I bought it, Voice recording yup that to.Pay 4.99 an app from the app store I dont think so, ill get it for free from appolous:Secret:

WARRIORMIKE
09-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Iphones are whack!!

Get a Blackberry. You'll never have another phone issue again!!:Cool::Cool:

James<626>
09-27-2009, 08:08 PM
My vote goes for "G1"....Had it 4 almost a year & have no complaints. Love it. Don't care for the new my touch or G2 if you wanna call it. I need the full keyboard to type, I have big hands so the typing on the touch screen is not good for me although I still have that option also w/the G1.

Ricky-Ray
10-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Iphones are whack!!

Get a Blackberry. You'll never have another phone issue again!!:Cool::Cool:

X 2 :Envious::Envious:

The Angler
10-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Ah nah u got it backwards Blackberries are whack thats why At&t is giving them out for free these days.

WARRIORMIKE
10-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Ah nah u got it backwards Blackberries are whack thats why At&t is giving them out for free these days.

I think you need to double check that son, its Verizon:Shocked:. If you knew anything about smartphones, which doesn't seem much, you would know that it Research in Motion is the manufacture

The Angler
10-01-2009, 01:54 PM
I could care less who makes them. Plus I could make my iphone look like a black berry whenever I want which is never. One other thing I have noticed is the people that dont like Iphones are the people complaing about the price of them. I have alot of buddy that always dissed my iphone but when the 3g went down to $99.00 they all got 1. Now every phone is following in the iphone steps with apps now & touch screens. If they were so wack why is RIM making there new phone to mimic Iphones?

smokehound
10-01-2009, 05:47 PM
what the iphone is pimping.

blackberries are for bisexual ravers. lmfao

DarkShadow
10-01-2009, 06:27 PM
what the iphone is pimping.

blackberries are for bisexual ravers. lmfao

I'm kinda confused at this statement.

Why are prepubescent teenagers rocking iPhones and everyone in the corporate world is rocking Blackberries?

You wanna be trendy and want people to judge you for what phone you rock?

"There's an app for that."

WARRIORMIKE
10-01-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm kinda confused at this statement.

Why are prepubescent teenagers rocking iPhones and everyone in the corporate world is rocking Blackberries?

You wanna be trendy and want people to judge you for what phone you rock?

"There's an app for that."

DS Loved the statement!! :Big Grin:

As for what Blackberries offer over the Iphone is just what DS said. Blackberries are in the Corporate world and have that market, no other phone can push emails like a Blackberry. By far the media feature on a Blackberry is way better than an Iphone. Picture,video and even movies are awesome quality on a Blackberry. Yes Iphones do have more memory however Blackberry will support any size media card that you put into it. Plus is you have a bunch of big files you can always size them down with a third party app.

On the regards of touch, on a Blackberry, not there finest quality,but because sooooooo many people think touch is the way to go, Blackberry tried it?? Touch is a 'whatever" feature. I would personally just like to stay connected to friends, and family. Plus keep me organized!

For business and fun, hands down Blackberries are the way to go, sorry!

Daryl
10-02-2009, 03:58 PM

As for what Blackberries offer over the Iphone is just what DS said. Blackberries are in the Corporate world and have that market, no other phone can push emails like a Blackberry. By far the media feature on a Blackberry is way better than an Iphone. Picture,video and even movies are awesome quality on a Blackberry. Yes Iphones do have more memory however Blackberry will support any size media card that you put into it. Plus is you have a bunch of big files you can always size them down with a third party app.

On the regards of touch, on a Blackberry, not there finest quality,but because sooooooo many people think touch is the way to go, Blackberry tried it?? Touch is a 'whatever" feature. I would personally just like to stay connected to friends, and family. Plus keep me organized!

I have one of each and I like them both. Blackberry for business and the iPhone for playing. The Blackberry is not as fragile as the iPhone. I've dropped it a couple of times with no ill effects. The iPhone on the other hand, would not have survived some of the abuse that I have put the Blackberry through.

I hate dealing with Apple.

I regret upgrading to 3.1. It killed my tethering ability, which really pisses me off.

Sue
10-02-2009, 04:03 PM
I disagree with all of the above comments regarding Blackberry and iPhone. I am a WinMo user and prefer HTC products over any brand on the market. It's great for work purposes, fun purposes and allows me to keep all my information in one place just by syncing it every night (yeah, I know, the others have sync capabilities).

I currently have a Touch Pro, but am probably going to get the Touch Pro2 when my upgrade is due.

smokehound
10-02-2009, 05:50 PM
cel-phones are toys.

If you want to be a real badass, you use pigeons to send messages.

Sue
10-02-2009, 07:53 PM
cel-phones are toys.

If you want to be a real badass, you use pigeons to send messages.

Hahahaha, that made me laugh like mad! :ROFL:

saintarv
10-02-2009, 08:52 PM

Agreed......I got my Blackberry tour 2 weeks ago and it's great!!!

The Angler
10-02-2009, 09:36 PM

As for what Blackberries offer over the Iphone is just what DS said. Blackberries are in the world and have that market, no other phone can push emails like a Blackberry. By far the media feature on a Blackberry is way better than an Iphone. Picture,video and even movies are awesome quality on a Blackberry. Yes Iphones do have more memory however Blackberry will support any size media card that you put into it. Plus is you have a bunch of big files you can always size them down with a third party app.

See but all the points your trying to make IPHONE DOES them!!!

IPhones have built in memory up to 16 GB thats way more than any memory card you'll ever find for your blackberry, Email????? Iphone has push email also u can sync it up to 108097087459847 different accounts Plus It syncs all your contact,Vcardsemails,Texts whatever you use to your "Corprorate" Microsoft office software on your PC if you like to.

To make it simple Iphone does everything you blackberrie does & more period

WARRIORMIKE
10-02-2009, 10:01 PM
See but all the points your trying to make IPHONE DOES them!!!

IPhones have built in memory up to 16 GB thats way more than any memory card you'll ever find for your blackberry, Email????? Iphone has push email also u can sync it up to 108097087459847 different accounts Plus It syncs all your contact,Vcardsemails,Texts whatever you use to your "Corprorate" Microsoft office software on your PC if you like to.

To make it simple Iphone does everything you blackberrie does & more period

After you eat that greasy pizza or burger, go and answer your Iphone, then put that to your face. I know doesn't sound to pleasant know does it?

If you want me to get I.T on you here it goes. Corporates would rather have blackberries because they can control them. There are two different plans with blackberries, BIS and BES. BIS is for personal email and stuff, and BES is for corporate accounts . A I.T guy can control anything they want with a BES account, yes even the camera. Iphones do not have that feature.

Again if you want a fun phone to get on facebook or FNN then yea get a IPhone, but if you need a great organizer and want to be able to type up really fast emails and text messages using the AutoText feature then get a Blackberry.

One more thing before I continue to prove my point. Did you know that it a registered blackberry users in Mexico uses the Blackberry Instant Messager and instant messages another blackberry user here in the US it doesn't cost them for international text?? Also if the wireless server goes down, you can still email or instant message through RIM or the Blackberry server, did you know that?? I wonder if you could do that with a Iphone.................... ?

Sue
10-02-2009, 10:46 PM
After you eat that greasy pizza or burger, go and answer your Iphone, then put that to your face. I know doesn't sound to pleasant know does it?

If you want me to get I.T on you here it goes. Corporates would rather have blackberries because they can control them. There are two different plans with blackberries, BIS and BES. BIS is for personal email and stuff, and BES is for corporate accounts . A I.T guy can control anything they want with a BES account, yes even the camera. Iphones do not have that feature.

Again if you want a fun phone to get on facebook or FNN then yea get a IPhone, but if you need a great organizer and want to be able to type up really fast emails and text messages using the AutoText feature then get a Blackberry.

One more thing before I continue to prove my point. Did you know that it a registered blackberry users in Mexico uses the Blackberry Instant Messager and instant messages another blackberry user here in the US it doesn't cost them for international text?? Also if the wireless server goes down, you can still email or instant message through RIM or the Blackberry server, did you know that?? I wonder if you could do that with a Iphone.................... ?

Be nice! I can only name about 4 of us on the board that understand mobile technology and what it can do to a high level.....I write for Justanothermobilemonday (dot com........). Regular users don't have a clue, but those of us that are up there with the tech advances and the knowledge......we can piss all over them :ROFL:

(P.S., we're looking for Blackberry users to contribute to the site - volunteer basis only but you'll get some cool apps!)

tpfishnfool
10-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Have both.. Blackberry for me thank you.. Iphones are for kids..

The Angler
10-06-2009, 08:50 PM

I know this convo will never end but Iphones have corprate accounts also Evrything your saying the Iphone does plain and simple. Plus u can actually text for free with some apps in the app store without a Text plan u just have to buy the .99 app and text away for free I not sure about the International text thing though. Big WOW I can text someone in mexico for free:Shocked:

Its funny how u have to go low ball with a comment like "put a greasy Iphone to your ear after eating a Pizza " wtf? dude you must not use napkins while eating?????

lngbchfnhnter
10-06-2009, 09:11 PM
I've had two generations of the iPhone,which i take pictures for my reports and it works great with no probs..also use the hell out of the apps and GPS...
two thumbs up for me!!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

muskyman
10-08-2009, 06:31 AM
as long as people keep buying them, it pays my trips to the local lake. That's all I ask. I think it would be cool if we got a blackberry slider, touch screen, 3g and bigger buttons like the curve had. And keep the nice camera and wi fi too. That would be a cool device.

hughpam
10-08-2009, 07:09 AM
So, I go to a fishing site and hear people taking sides on the smart phone war? Wow. Really. Wow.

I just switched from my Treo 750 to an I phone. Love it. I used to have blackberry, but I found it awkward.

So, what side am I on? None. Thinking you're better than whomever because of what phone you have? Lame.

Enjoy your phone or replace it. Want to be cool? Go fishing and post pics.

WARRIORMIKE
10-08-2009, 11:00 AM
So, I go to a fishing site and hear people taking sides on the smart phone war? Wow. Really. Wow.

I just switched from my Treo 750 to an I phone. Love it. I used to have blackberry, but I found it awkward.

So, what side am I on? None. Thinking you're better than whomever because of what phone you have? Lame.

Didn't you just post saying you have an IPhone:Confused::Confused: :???::???:

Real men have Blackberry's, that's all I''m saying :Wink::LOL:

Ricky-Ray
10-08-2009, 01:22 PM
There is no one phone that is going to satisfy everyone. I have a blackberry and I love it. Personally I don't like the Iphone because of the touch screen. I tried it out at the store and didn't like it. Call me old school but I like the feel of real keys when I type.

The blackberry definitely does have some security advantages on it compared to the iphone. To this date the Blackberry has not been able to be hacked yet. Can't say that for the iphone.

Like I said, no one phone can satisfy everyone.

The Angler
10-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Didn't you just post saying you have an IPhone:Confused::Confused: :???::???:

Real men have Blackberry's, that's all I''m saying :Wink::LOL:

Haha whatever...

There is no one phone that is going to satisfy everyone. I have a blackberry and I love it. Personally I don't like the Iphone because of the touch screen. I tried it out at the store and didn't like it. Call me old school but I like the feel of real keys when I type.

The blackberry definitely does have some security advantages on it compared to the iphone. To this date the Blackberry has not been able to be hacked yet. Can't say that for the iphone.

Like I said, no one phone can satisfy everyone.

cause there is no reason to hack a blackberry?

the black berry is just a cellphone with internet & Email

Iphone is like a mini PC...

enough said

WARRIORMIKE
10-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Haha whatever...

cause there is no reason to hack a blackberry?

the black berry is just a cellphone with internet & Email

Iphone is like a mini PC...

enough said

you don't need to "hack" blackberry dude :Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes: It already come fully equipped. Unlike Ifumes where you have to purchase every darn lame app to make it work better :Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes: I used to sell both these phones at one time, and yes Ifumes are the "new razor" but eventually have lost the hype. Tell you what Angler, lets settle this, throw your Ismell across the room and I'll throw my Blackberry across too.

Yours broke didn't it!! :Wink: