PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Willie Rose
09-25-2009, 01:02 PM
I wrote a thread a few days ago about going out in a rental boat from seaforth and wondering if anyone has any advice. I keep reading all of these reports and am hoping that my son and father and I can find a good spot to fish! We are leaving out of Mission Bay.. if there is any advice that would be great!! Thanks:Wink:

victor101
09-25-2009, 01:38 PM
I wrote a thread a few days ago about going out in a rental boat from seaforth and wondering if anyone has any advice. I keep reading all of these reports and am hoping that my son and father and I can find a good spot to fish! We are leaving out of Mission Bay.. if there is any advice that would be great!! Thanks:Wink:

...The only advice I have would be to jump on a open party boat and let the Capt. worry about finding the fish!

Catch 'n' Release
09-25-2009, 06:39 PM
I would jump on a 2 day at this point.

Nessie Hunter
09-26-2009, 06:19 AM
If your talking a small rental boat (up to 16FT), I dont think they are allowed out of the Bay??? Not safe out there in small craft, so Kelp bed are off limits.
Some great Bass, Hali, Croaker fishing int he bays though...!!!

I would also suggest an overnight or 3/4 day Cattle boat. They are getting on some great fish right now....

Good luck, and have fun....
Quality time with Son & Dad cant be beat!! Guy bonding time!!!!

holymolar
09-26-2009, 07:10 AM
If you have time, purchase one or more of the tutorial dvd's from snappyguides@cox.net.
You will learn all you need to know about fishing Mission Bay or San Diego Bay. I've had better luck fishing San Diego Bay lately. You can rent a skiff from Seaforth across the street from the Del Coronado Hotel. It's only a short ride to the Square Mile Flats area
in front of the Navy Seal Base-see the dvd tutorial on San Diego Bay. My partner and I caught 108 small spotted bass there last week. Just drift with the wind and current. You don't need live bait, just use 1/4oz round jigheads with 3" grubs or swimbaits with 6lb test, as seen on the dvd's. I use chartreuse and my partner uses orange. The bait receiver in San Diego Bay is about a one hour ride in those small skiffs since they only have 6 hp motors, too slow. Take a drift sock, if you have one, to slow down the drift if the wind gets too strong. Don't get closer than about 100yds to the Navy Seal Bass or they will run you off.

In Mission Bay, start you drift from just outside the Seaforth bay. You will drift under the Ingraham St bridge and end up in front of Seaworld. I catch less numbers of fish in Mission Bay than San Diego Bay but the fish are a little bit bigger.