PDA

View Full Version : My night fishing with Team 57 "living legends",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
09-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Trailblazer and I received word that fellow FNN'er Garyletthemfeelthesteel had a fever!!
Not H1N1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not West Nile,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Striper fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An infliction that has one cure!!!! We knew the cure was going to be tough to find. We faced conditions of 100+ degree heat, swift current, and recently slow bites, but we set out to break that fever.

Our goal was to induce jaw wrenching hooksets, leaving those stripers scared for as long as they roamed the duct, as evidence of the night, Sept. 24, 2009, a monumentless night in what many are calling the defining moment where the AV duct style and the Bako duct style collided and blended. Where techniques and tactics were studied by each of the participants to improve and add to their arsenal.

So after family's and God's priorities were met. The four of us met where first blood was to be shed. KPN, Gary, Trailblazer, and Cutbait
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper004.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper006.jpg

Gary consecrated that ground with blood. He drove the cold, hard steel through the tough and hard flesh of the stripers mouth. The fish had runs of 15 to 20 feet even after a 2 minute fight. TB had the net ready as Gary tactfully guided the fish to it as the fish made one final effort to evade. Too late, TB was quick with the net.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper007.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper009.jpg

Joy ran through us as the skunk was avoided early...:Skunk:

After a short time, we determined the "locals" had spooked off the fish with thier lights and lanterns. We decided we needed a "fresh" set of gates.

Soon after we got there Gary let them feel the steel again......
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper010.jpg

As Gary was getting that fish back in the water TB and I looked at eachother. Without a word we knew we were in danger of being shown up on our own turf!

We always heard what the KPN was capable of, now we have seen this first hand. After a retie to the KPN, and in just a matter of minutes TB and I hook up with a double. Mine ofcourse being the larger of the two....
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper012.jpg

Two casts later I hook up again
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper014.jpg

So with Gary and I limited out.......ERR UHH,,,,{just waiting on TB and KPN}

Gary's mood changed, his eyes glazed over and a dark, crazy smile covered his face..

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper011.jpg

We snagged a baitfish and took this photo to compare our bait with it.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper015.jpg

Kahn hooked up, but unfortunatly that fish came unbottuned....

I missed 2 fish
TB missed 1

Gary didn't miss anything as he was driving those treble hooks deep into the fish skull

A good time was had by all and each one of us was looking over our shoulders watching, learning, trying to pick up on the other style to try improve our own skills.

All fish C&R'ed

Gentlemen, let me know whenever you guys want to hit it again. It was my pleasure to fish you "legends"

CASTAWAY
09-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Nice report and pix.... congrats on the catch.

yolo
09-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Congrats to everyone on nailing some fish. Nice silverside you got there.

troutdog
09-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Great report...and results, thanks for sharing!

TD

Troutman65
09-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Thats :Cool: you got together and nailed the striper.

You really C & R the fish ?

Thanks for the report & photos :Envious:

trail blazer
09-25-2009, 09:00 AM
The report says it all,,,,great company,,,little to no sleep,,,,a few stripers,,,,,GREAT TIME!!:Big Grin:

GARY ,KAHN,,,Soon myself and c,bait will be making the trip down there for a A,V duct lesson by the masters

My prediction> Soon a 30+ will be had by gary on that KPN lure,,,,,The man has that lure figured out!!!!!!!! AND he,s a striper sticking animal!!
I WAS IMPRESED!!!

And kahn,,,That new lure you showd me,,WOW ,,
YOUR LURES KICK BUTT!!!!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
09-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Thats :Cool: you got together and nailed the striper.

You really C & R the fish ?

Thanks for the report & photos :Envious:

Everyone of them!!!!

I have gone to C&R because its much easier to roll into the house and go straight to bed than have to worry about cleaning a bunch of fish!

cutbait
09-25-2009, 09:07 AM
The report says it all,,,,great company,,,little to no sleep,,,,a few stripers,,,,,GREAT TIME!!:Big Grin:

GARY ,KAHN,,,Soon myself and c,bait will be making the trip down there for a A,V duct lesson by the masters

My prediction> Soon a 30+ will be had by gary on that KPN lure,,,,,The man has that lure figured out!!!!!!!! AND he,s a striper sticking animal!!
I WAS IMPRESED!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

Ditto,,,,,,,,,

Troutman65
09-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Everyone of them!!!!

I have gone to C&R because its much easier to roll into the house and go straight to bed than have to worry about cleaning a bunch of fish!

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/comment-friday-damn-1.jpg

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Real nice report there brotha, nice style with your flow, I like it allot, got me smilin’ as I read it cause I was there and ya didn’t miss a beat….

That’s was loads of fun and I too was impressed by both of you in the manner of dedication to the cause and sheer will to make things happen, these are true traits of a true duct fisherman.

You mention that I turned your head so to speak but the same goes for me, especially when you guys layed out that double hookup !

I blinked an eye and you were on Mike (no pun intended)…

Then I blinked again and Scott was on !

In the euphoria, I couldn’t decide which zone to target as you guys prepared to take a pick b4 an honorable release…..

I only knew 1 thing at that point and one thing only…..

”My lure needed to be in the water!” I wasn’t gonna get my next slice o’ that pie standing there watchin’…(every second counts in that duct game !)

So I went for the closest zone……….only to look over my shoulder to see you on another fish, that was some saweet action !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Mike and Scott you guys are 100% correct about the melding of fishing styles, it was WAY beneficial on both sides of the fence I’m sure, it was awesome to see both styles produce.

I really do love the whole scenario out there and the way the duct is structured and the more textbook fish behavior, it was way refreshing to see the fish behave the way one might think they might behave.

More experimental methods will be applied on my next visit out there, we definitely had a memorable night.

You guys got your game going on, it was a pleasure fishing along with you, I take a bit of knowledge home with me that I did not have before.

Scott & Mike,
I had the utmost confidence you guys were gonna pull that one through but it was fun messin about when I said I was all tired out from catchin’ all those fish : )

I knew that was gonna spawn some hookups from you so it really didn’t truly surprise me when you guys did hookup but it was a surprise indeed when you caught right up in the fish counts in 1 swift turn of events…..huge congrats to you, that was fun to watch !

And,
thanks for the vote of confidence regarding a 30lb pig, I know eventually it will happen, it’s all “time on the water” as we all know, it’s bound to hit the deck sooner than later, till then we just gotta love the action….

Nothin’ like that duct fishin’ !

Anyone who has fished the duct and received a solid strike will know what I mean when I write this...: "DUNK !" ......hookup !

Nothing like that strike.....I love it !

It was my pleasure to be out there fishing with you guys, you bako’ boys were representin’ !

Good times,
Gary

Native Gal
09-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the SWEET report gents :Thumbs Up:.

Native Gal
:Big Grin:

vagabond
09-25-2009, 01:55 PM
seems like you guys had a blast,:Beer Toast: heres to you all...

BakoBassin
09-25-2009, 05:34 PM
I knew there was a reason I quit hanging out with you guys.

trail blazer
09-25-2009, 08:04 PM
I knew there was a reason I quit hanging out with you guys.

huhhh???????????:Confused:

TroutOnly
09-25-2009, 08:08 PM
GREAT JOB ON THE STRIPEYS GUYS, GARY I LIKE THE COLOR OF THAT ONE LURE.........t/o

BakoBassin
09-25-2009, 10:13 PM
huhhh???????????:Confused:
'Cause the people you hang out with now...I was just messin with you.

trail blazer
09-26-2009, 08:14 AM
'Cause the people you hang out with now...I was just messin with you.

HUH!!!!!!!:Confused:

BakoBassin
09-26-2009, 11:21 AM
HUH!!!!!!!:Confused:I guess it was more of a shot at Gary and KPN. It was just a joke though.

trail blazer
09-26-2009, 11:25 AM
I guess it was more of a shot at Gary and KPN. It was just a joke though.

LOL,,,Just funnin you back bro:LOL:,,,,,,,So how ya been?,,,,long time no hear

BakoBassin
09-26-2009, 12:14 PM
LOL,,,Just funnin you back bro:LOL:,,,,,,,So how ya been?,,,,long time no hearPretty busy actually. Working again and up at BC two nights a week taking two classes. Plus homework and other stuff. Thinking about Success tomorrow with Sergio. Got some intel and might give it a shot. Hope all is well.

cutbait
09-26-2009, 12:47 PM
I got some real good intel on Success. 30 + fish in 2 hrs!

diamondbear
09-26-2009, 02:49 PM
VERY GOOD READ GUYS , It pretty cool when you can figure out what it takes to nail those duct stripers , good job .

BakoBassin
09-26-2009, 05:24 PM
I got some real good intel on Success. 30 + fish in 2 hrs!Hmmm...Almost thinking about the 'duct tonight as well.

trail blazer
09-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Hmmm...Almost thinking about the 'duct tonight as well.
WOW!!!
BAKO at the duct! ,again:EyePop:,,,,GO GET,M BRO,,,,,,,There in there,,,

kpn
09-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Mike & Scott,
It was nice to finally meet you bako stripers killer boys :Wink:. I have a blast fishing & moving spot to spot. That is a true & hardcore duct striper hunting should be......and that is how we do it down here in Palmdale and AV too. I learn a few new trick and will be use when we return to the duct :LOL:.
Thanks for staying out & show us around Scott & Mike. We should do it again soon.

Khanh aka KPN.

kpn
09-28-2009, 09:49 AM

I WAS IMPRESED!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

Thanks for the props bro. We've killing the striper down south on that lure for alittle while now, and only available through me :Wink:.

Khanh.

gatblood
09-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys ! no invite for me. just becase i dont work with you T.b. you forgot my number. haaaa haaaa haaaa good job at the old cement river. call me next time. im burning up with fevvvver!!!!

cutbait
09-30-2009, 09:14 AM
They are turning on GB. We need to go....

sreykmao562
09-30-2009, 01:12 PM
nice!!!! great going out there :LOL::LOL: