PDA

View Full Version : Castaic with gavin Thurs

scca
09-24-2009, 03:50 PM
I hit up Castaic again. This time my buddy Gavin tagged along with me. Thanks Gavin for rollin on short notice. We moved around alittle until we where able to get on them. We fish from 7 to 11 roughly. Notice alot of fire planes out today fighting the fires. We could see them pretty good from our location. Those guys work hard !!! We picked up 15 stripers today. We lost some real nice ones at the boat but thats fishing. All in all another good day on the water.

Fishthewhaler
09-24-2009, 04:26 PM
I bet it was hot out there...I am waiting for the santa anna condition to back off. Looks like a good day. Monday will be the day for me. Maybe an eve trip this weekend. way to slay.
FTW

gavin310
09-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Good fishing with you Keith. Had fun out there especially on the back-to-back-to-back double hookups!

Fishthewhaler, it was warm but not too bad. But then again, we left at 11.

Fisherman57
09-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Nice Keith!

BingJr
09-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Keith,

It was awesome meeting you at the lake on Tuesday. I am glad you found em again today. Not a bad haul in a short amount of time. I am looking foward to fishing with ya one of these upcoming days. Always nice to share a few tricks of the trade with a fellow angler. Thanks for the info you passed down on Tuesday.

Seeya Soon.

BingJR!

ondal
09-24-2009, 05:46 PM
wtg man, i was out there today also, but fishing from the shore. I only caught two small stripers on cut bait and missed out on a boil where this old guy got a 8 pounder. the boil action seemed a little slower but maybe it was just me...

gavin310
09-24-2009, 05:49 PM
wtg man, i was out there today also, but fishing from the shore. I only caught two small stripers on cut bait and missed out on a boil where this old guy got a 8 pounder. the boil action seemed a little slower but maybe it was just me...

yeah boil action was definitely slower today than what i've read it's been on previous days

Panfish Junior
09-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Those are nice silvers you got there. I've been getting a lot of skunks lately. I gotta give it another try out there and see if I have any luck. Thanks for sharing guys...

scca
09-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks FNN for the love. It was nice meeting you as well Bingjr. Drop me a PM we can meet up one day up there. Im 30min away so i get in and out pretty fast. But we can plan a day real soon to do some fishing. I will be at the river over the next couple of weeks but after that we can roll. Also fishing SARL this Friday.