PDA

View Full Version : California Delta Bass Fishing Guide

Rus Snyders
09-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Launch the boat at 6:15 just before sunrise at Big Break Marina. The tide was going down and we still had a good four hours until it bottomed out. We started on a weedy flat just outside the marina. I was throwing a Lunker Punker and David was using a popper. About 15 minutes into the day, David misses a good sized striper on the popper. Not more than a couple minutes later, I see a guy fly fishing about 100 ft. away from me miss an absolute monster. It looked like someone dropped a VW Bug in the water. David then catches a couple 2lb largemouth on the popper. We then move to the mouth of Little Big Break. I catch a 9lb striper on the Lunker Punker. Just as the tide starts pushing back in at around noon we move to the ship wreck and catch a half dozen schoolie stripers on Rattle Traps. They were all about 18 inches long. By about 12:30 the light breeze we had in the morning shut down, and the surface was now glassy calm. We tried fishing some of the weed beds out in the middle of Big Break, but had no luck. By 2:30 we were in the middle part of the incoming tide and it became quite hot out. We switched gears and decided to pull out the flipping rods and target largemouth bass. Punching Sweet Beavers and Paycheck Jigs, we catch 5 more bass fishing Iron House and Emerson slough.

JigStop
09-25-2009, 12:14 PM
We got some up in that area too, good report.

Troutman65
09-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Nice going . Got any photos of the fish or the area your fishing you can post?:Cool: