PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Niguel Lake??? can someone help??

abovi001
09-23-2009, 09:46 AM
anyone have some information about this local spot ?? I have been going there for awhile now since its the closest lake to south OC... I have not seen, read, or heard any reports about this lake.?!?! Not even in the usual outdoors section in the OC Register. Even the lake websites last fishing update was may 22 or something like that. Any word on the bass, cats, deep water trout?? Did really well here last trout season wanted to hit up some catfish one of these nights but I cannot find info anywhereeee.... Can Someone help??

vanillagurilla
09-23-2009, 10:26 AM
i dont think there stocking cats. that place has become a good trout lake if you want to brave the crowds and the pheonix team.

Nessie Hunter
09-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Wrong forum.... But!!

They had a major die off and some big problems with water quality this year..
Dont think the concession will last much longer... Its pretty dead with customers...$$$$

goodguy
09-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I was a regular bass fisherman there... Until their huge die off a year or so ago... It's just dead unless you're fishing for the freshly stocked trout. I would be shocked if many trout can survive the summer in that water just not deep enough to get cool enough. That lake is so warm in the summer months.
In the past they have done a couple cat stocks throughout the summers... Very few, but there used to be decent sized cats in there just not in huge numbers. Not sure if they made it throug the die off. It's really sad as I don't have a good little local lake to tube for bass anymore. I basically bought the tube for LNL and now that place is a big empty bowl of water... So sad!
I hate to say it but it was managed by a husband and wife. They divorced a handful of years ago... She got the lake to run... And since she's been running it the lake has slowly gone down hill. And then this die off pretty much capped off the downward spiral... Maybe a coinsidence, I don't know...