PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Rocks

Jimmy310
09-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Had not fished there in a loooooooooooong time.:Shocked:
Called up my partner and were off around 8:00 PM. Brought some salted, and regular chovis, and squid. Set up and bait & wait since there are so many rocks I didn't want to loose any lures. I did end up loosing 6 lead and hook sets. :Angry:
Most were lost realling the line back in. :Angry:
We caught about 1 dozen wc, a lil stingray, and 2 yfc. Them croackers really dont put up a fight. Lame fish.:Wink:
1 of the lost rigs had something nice at the end of my 12lbs test but after a :10 fight broke off. Every thing was released back safely for another night.

This reminds me to get some more line, maybe even some braid for the jagged rocks.

Any tips on fishing in the rocks are appreciated.

Back home by 11:15 PM
Nice lil adventure down memory lane.

spooks
09-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Braid does stand up to rocks like mono would, braid will break quicker.

klocked
09-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Braid does stand up to rocks like mono would, braid will break quicker.

In my own experience... I'll have to disagree with that

doyoufishmuch
09-23-2009, 06:06 PM
To each their own I guess. For me, if im gona be fishing the rocks at night I like to use 20 or 30lb braid. I still usually manage bites and also still managed get broken off on the mussels or if the fish grabs the hook and runs deep into the rocks. I would think your line size wouldn't matter as much at night because its more of a reaction strike from the fish. But im sure some these guys with a few more years under their belts will be able to give better info.

calico killer kevin
09-24-2009, 06:25 PM
IMO, you'd be better off going with a mono topshot over your braid. Braid isn't as expendable as mono and when it starts getting knicked and losing fibers.....