PDA

View Full Version : Oops I Did It Again

yolo
09-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah I beat the duct skunk again but still with another kitty. This 21" long white catfish killed the skunk.

Now for the report. My dad was having sprinkler issues so he asked me to go over and help him out. He lives near the duct so since I had my poles with me, I decided to hit it for a 1/2 hour. Borrowed some chicken liver from him and off I went. Threw the bait rod in and then starting working the lures and jigs for a striper. Within 5 minutes, I see my pole bent but don't hear the bell. I was about 60 yards away looking for stripers with the lures. I see it bouncing so I know it's not a snag or the current. I rush over there and reel in a really nice and healthy white catfish. No leeches in this one.

Water was moving slightly and gates were about 30" up. Right as I was leaving, they closed about 6". No moss at all because of the slower flow.

Talked with a duct fishing friend on the phone yesterday and he told me he nailed a 15 pounder and an 8 pounder a few days ago. Empty gut on them but he did send me a picture of the 15 pounder and it was meaty and hefty. He said it went 34 1/4" but had lots of girth, which was evident in the pic. He got them in the middle of the day too. Similar to my last striper catch a week and a half ago. he was driving home and saw a big cloud and he followed it and it was over the duct. Sure enough just like me following the cloud, it paid off for him too.

Kitty was donated to a family friend. I want my stripers!

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%209-22-09/IMG_3489.jpg

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%209-22-09/IMG_3490.jpg

cutbait
09-23-2009, 08:15 AM
I used to look at your posts for the AV striper reports. USED to...

Its turned into the AV catfish report. WTH?

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-23-2009, 12:01 PM

I wouldnt necessarily say it's just become kitty's......or has it ? let's just see if we can answer that question : )

Nice work yolo, a fish is a fish, we all gotta remember, thats what we are.....fisherman, some action is way better than no action at all, any hookup is nice....

I haven't been out there since late last week but things are a changin but I see good things comin regarding a slight change in flow patterns and the relative time changes with darkness occurring earlier, I've only got fish 2 out of the four times I went recently in a 6 day period but theres clearly action to be had, Im really surprised to see that a nice pig was caught in the heat of the day but it actually makes sense since the flows are minimal to zero during the day.

Keep on them suckas....I just may head out for some blood tonight....who knows for sure till I pull out of the parking lot from work, thats when I decide whether or not I set out for a quest for blood.

Stay on those suckas, your one of the very few I know that really pays some dues out there, your way overdue buddy.

Good luck,
Gary

P.S.
Cutbait: look for me to come trapsing out your way sometime real soon, I've been wanting to mount a return attack, I've only been out there once in unfishable conditions but I really like what I saw minus the veggies !

I just may trapse out there later this week for a evening attack....maybe I'll see ya out there : )

cutbait
09-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Let us know Gary, I think between us Bako boys we have flow times, days of the week, and locations figured out for best results.

Sounds like a blast nailing those drag burners together

cutbait
09-23-2009, 01:11 PM

Yolo, you do ofcourse get the sarcasm in this? right?

trail blazer
09-23-2009, 02:38 PM
WTG on the kittys of late YOLO,,,Striper action should be improving soon for all of us,,,water is still really warm,,c,mon cooler weather.

Still hit and miss up here also but it is starting to improve a bit.

C,MON WINTER BITE:Big Grin:

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-23-2009, 02:47 PM
WTG on the kittys of late YOLO,,,Striper action should be improving soon for all of us,,,water is still really warm,,c,mon cooler weather.

Winter, summer, spring or fall....we are like postmen, nothing shall stop us from our appointed rounds !...

and coincidentally, postmen have that reputation of going postal......ahhhhhh .."ther must be Blooooood !"

Ha ha ha ha

yolo
09-23-2009, 03:32 PM
I wouldnt necessarily say it's just become kitty's......or has it ? let's just see if we can answer that question : )

Nice work yolo, a fish is a fish, we all gotta remember, thats what we are.....fisherman, some action is way better than no action at all, any hookup is nice....

I haven't been out there since late last week but things are a changin but I see good things comin regarding a slight change in flow patterns and the relative time changes with darkness occurring earlier, I've only got fish 2 out of the four times I went recently in a 6 day period but theres clearly action to be had, Im really surprised to see that a nice pig was caught in the heat of the day but it actually makes sense since the flows are minimal to zero during the day.

Keep on them suckas....I just may head out for some blood tonight....who knows for sure till I pull out of the parking lot from work, thats when I decide whether or not I set out for a quest for blood.

Stay on those suckas, your one of the very few I know that really pays some dues out there, your way overdue buddy.

Good luck,
Gary

P.S.
Cutbait: look for me to come trapsing out your way sometime real soon, I've been wanting to mount a return attack, I've only been out there once in unfishable conditions but I really like what I saw minus the veggies !

I just may trapse out there later this week for a evening attack....maybe I'll see ya out there : )

Thanks man. The striper slay is coming soon. In the meantime, the kitty action is fine. I was only there a half hour and wasn't even planning on fishing. Yes a nice stripey was caught in the middle of the day. I got one too around the same time a week and a half ago.

Yolo, you do ofcourse get the sarcasm in this? right?

Yes I get it. It's all good. I did get a striper a week and a half ago though so it has not been that long.

I agree TB the bite should be improving in a few weeks. Water demand will be less and flow will be more manageable plus the coller weather will be good for both the stripers and no moss growth.