PDA

View Full Version : Castaic and Pyramid = 12 fish

HIghwayPig
09-22-2009, 08:09 AM
So Mamachipy, Steve, and I headed out to Castaic on Monday. Got there around 0730. Hit the water and only managed 4 by noon. Saw some boils around the ramp area. But as soon as they would come up they would disappear just as fast. Steve was able to land a nice LMB on a boil in the ski arm. Anyway, we cruised the lake for awhile looking for more boils with no love. I think it's a combination of the 3 of us that prevents us from limiting out!!! :Razz: We were using TO's methods but could only manage 4 schoolies. Well, Mamachipy threw out the idea of hitting up Pyramid on the way home, so off we went. Got there around 1330. Decided to relax a bit and do it old school and soak some bait. No love either, so back on the troll we went and wouldn't you know it. We started nailing them again. I had a nice double with some of the bigger units. We ended the day with 8 from Pyramid within 2 hours. We farmed a few more in between as well. I think we are just used to our home lake, Pyramid. The lake has cleaned out pretty good. All fish were caught in the channel. No boils seen at Pyramid at all. All on all, a good day.

cutbait
09-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Excellent, hwypg.

Way to hit both lakes, slaughtering fish up and down the 5. Striper for dinner?

fishinone
09-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Nice job on the striper. Thanks for the Pyramid report. I hadn't heard anything from there in a long time.

trail blazer
09-22-2009, 04:02 PM
HWY PIG and his crew,,Slaying stripes on the I,5 corridor:Razz:ooooooYAAA!!!!!!!!

WTG my brothers:Big Grin:

So what are you and your crew doing on 10/17???????
SEE<FISH RONDEZVOUS PAGE>

INDOANGLER2.1
09-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I been wondering if anyone fishes Pyramid anymore. Good job and thanks for the report.

TroutOnly
09-23-2009, 06:56 AM
GREAT JOB BOYS,,,,,,,,,,t/o

HIghwayPig
09-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Thnx TO, we owe it all to you!!!

BingJr
09-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Thnx TO, we owe it all to you!!!

Great, That already huge head of his just grew 3 sizes that day! (like the grinches heart for those who didn't get the reference)

Nice job. Good to see the mid is still producing.