PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Overnighter Jackpot baby..........

Liteliner
07-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Went out on the liberty out of long beach sportfishing friday night. 36 people on the overnighter. Got some dines and headed to catalina to try and buy some squid. I guess the squid boats had none so the captain and crew made their own. They spent quite a few hours trying to get some squid and ended up with about 6 to 8 scoops.

Woke up around four thirty and watch the captain and crew ready to pass out from exhaustion. He suggest that we soak squid around 5. Theres was only three of us awake so we all had squid on the dropper loop. I picked up a dead one and was first one in the water. Maybe thirty seconds later I felt a few taps and next thing I know im fightin a 31 pound seabass. Turns out to be the only seabass for the bite. A few other missed bites.

6 oclock and capt. decides to hit up clemente instead. Two hours later we finally get there and the first stops yeilds about 3 yellows and a bunch of short cali's. Next spot for nothing but some sea dogs. Third spot we didnt even get to. The capt spots some breezer yellows and shut off the engine. A school was headed straight at us. All hell broke loose. Deckies were chummin sardines by the nets to get these yellows to come hang out. 5 minutes later yellows finally started biting. Quite a few ended up in the sacks. 27 all together. Quite a few lost. I lost 3 myself. I ended up with the jackpot. First seabass and it was awesome....... No wonder im addicted to this fishing thing....... Also ran into osilito i think it was. Nice meeting ya man. Liberty is an awesome boat. Crew is great and capt knows where to fish.........A+++++

victor101
07-01-2007, 01:33 AM
yeah bro i told you you looked familliar..lol. that was a beautiful fish man. me, i didnt do as good. some short calicos, 1 keeper and a handful of perch. lost 1 yellow :roll: . hey GD it was nice meeting you man! you too lokey! and osiito, were gonna get em next time. this time for shure. lol. and liteliner...once again, beautiful fish! :thumb:

victor101
07-01-2007, 01:45 AM
couple more pics...

sunrise at catalina
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/sunrise.jpg

:shock:
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/wsbatcata.jpg

Con
07-01-2007, 02:53 AM
nice report liteliner and one nice bass! :thumb:

Con
07-01-2007, 02:54 AM
nice report liteliner and one nice bass! :thumb:

jplee3
07-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Nice job!!! I'm so envious.... funjunkie74 and I were on the Tide Change overnighter out of Davey's and we didn't catch a thing! Hmm, we saw the Tornado out of Long Beach(I think?). You guys must have been on the opposite side of the island from us.

halo16
07-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Nice going on the Liberty!

The captain and crew work hard, on the Liberty. every time i'v been out on that boat the crew and captain are alwalys putting good efforts in to finding fish.

Nice WSB !

JapanRon
07-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Hi liteliner,

Great report and pics !! WTG on all the fishys!!

Who was running the boat this trip?

JapanRon

one_leg
07-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Congratulations to you for the Jackpot Win!
I bet that croaker fought harder than your last carp....lol

How much was the jackpot worth?

Osiito is cool. So is his girl.

One_Leg

Oz
07-01-2007, 02:47 PM
sup lite liner...congrats on ya WSB and YT's..u had a epic day out there for getting back into the salt. nice to meet u also.

it was an overall great trip besides not getting what i hoped for and the grumpy old cook :lol: theres always next time for me. next time i know florocarbon is what i need. thats what most caught them the yellows.

congrats again liteliner and vic good fishing with u again and we getting out again soon a week or two or so on another overnighter :lol:

nice too meet u also GD 8)

japanron.....its always anthony from what i know. everytime i've been on the boat he is running it.

my count was 4 perch that i gave to my downstairs neighbor :lol:

one_leg u is cool too homie 8)

well til next time...im out 8)
tight-lines

SanDimasLMB
07-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Very nice croacker liteliner Surprised that WSB hit a dead squid, guess he wass mighty hungry

Oz
07-01-2007, 06:07 PM
lite liner with his JP winning 31lb white seabass :thumb:
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/6323/dscf0115lg4.jpg

just a pic of the sign :lol:
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/591/dscf0116tc3.jpg

and a pic of the deckies (brothers) one holdin the fish with no
takers of course for the JP :lol:
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/9454/dscf0120gr2.jpg

07-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Very nice croacker liteliner Surprised that WSB hit a dead squid, guess he wass mighty hungry80% of the time WSB are caught on fresh dead squid....

hartattack13
07-02-2007, 04:09 PM
check my report on my spitfire 3/4 day trip...guess i know which boat to hit up next. :x :bang: :thumb:

ghetto dad
07-02-2007, 06:46 PM
good job man!!! i didnt know you were a member......good job once again..and nice meeting you too vic and osolito....peace

fishnfool
07-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Nice Fish......Thanks For the report

Wingnut
07-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Job well done! Congrats on the Jackpot. :wink:

SanDimasLMB
07-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Very nice croacker liteliner Surprised that WSB hit a dead squid, guess he wass mighty hungry80% of the time WSB are caught on fresh dead squid....

personally I've had better luck on live and kicking squid. Don't worry though Steve, I know that the fresh smell of dead squid attracts them

ghetto dad
07-02-2007, 10:56 PM

and 99.9 % of the time, steve just watches other people catch them....

one_leg
07-02-2007, 10:58 PM
and 99.9 % of the time, steve just watches other people catch them....

Now that's the ghetto dad I'm used to.

One_Leg

Liteliner
07-04-2007, 12:01 AM
I should have sported my team 57 shirt. Wife had it in the laudry so I was assed out. It was a packed boat. Thinking about doin another trip on there if the albies get close enough. Damn that one dude that caught the seven yellows was on fire though. I saw him the last trip i had out on the liberty and he had 3 out of the 10 yellows the boat ended up with. I think he said he was going back out that saturday when we got back. Thats some hardcore fishing.

Osiito make sure you get the floura. It makes a big difference. Seaguar is a good one thats not to expensive. Just use a blood knot to tie the flouro leader to your line. You had some nice setups. More than enough to school a couple yellows. If you got any questions just hit me up.

Liteliner
07-04-2007, 09:28 AM
You work in the office right ghetto? I remember you walking by and talkin bout how some dude was trippin about all the people on the boat. That was you right? Thats my fishing crews new favorite landing. Liberty crew is cool. Cancel davies..... I'll say wassup next time.

Oz
07-04-2007, 12:11 PM
yea thanks liteliner...i know next time i need tha floura for sure. im still new so im learning as i go. i know vic and i are gonna try and go out again. we should try and get out together on one again.

yea that guy was one after another he was like all the ones in the tank are mine he didnt know if he had 7 or 8 :roll: :lol: he was trying to come up on another one i guess lol but yea he was going back out again cuz i seen him with his gear at the top of the ramp when i got up there.

only thing i was thinking what he do with all his fish filets :lol:

Liteliner
07-04-2007, 08:20 PM
I think he asked them to store his fillets in the store freezer for him.

ghetto dad
07-05-2007, 11:06 PM
a certain local landing has a certain offshore trip this weekend......pm me for details.....

ghetto dad
07-05-2007, 11:08 PM
You work in the office right ghetto? I remember you walking by and talkin bout how some dude was trippin about all the people on the boat. That was you right? Thats my fishing crews new favorite landing. Liberty crew is cool. Cancel davies..... I'll say wassup next time.

lol...im sure it was..i was ranting and raving all night.....i get frustrated with certain things there......i also had put in 145 hours of work that pay period, so i was a bit tired and grumpy...... :D

Oz
07-05-2007, 11:24 PM
ooh okays..i was gonna say good luck with that fish...thaT guy is reg i think on the boat.

wish i could go fishing again this weekend :lol: have to work sat so not till next week. maybe a twilight trip sounds good in the making :D

:lol: after 145 hrs i think i would grumpy too..but upside its a phat check

ghetto dad
07-05-2007, 11:30 PM
ooh okays..i was gonna say good luck with that fish...thaT guy is reg i think on the boat.

wish i could go fishing again this weekend :lol: have to work sat so not till next week. maybe a twilight trip sounds good in the making :D

:lol: after 145 hrs i think i would grumpy too..but upside its a phat check

hit me up if you wanna go on a twilight man...im there thursdays, fridays, and saturday nights.......ill pm you my cell.....

Hitts0n
07-07-2007, 11:30 AM
man them are some nice fish there man !! :thumb: