PDA

View Full Version : Perris Today... 9-21

Pete Marino
09-21-2009, 08:44 PM
I had an afternoon trip today with Ed and Dave. They wanted to get out to Perris and try to catch some bass before they headed back to Chicago..
So I met them at the ramp at around 2:45 pm and off we went.
(they were tied up in meetings until the afternoon)
We caught bass mostly in 15-25 ft of water all on reaction baits (cranks). We caught a total of 23 bass. We got off the water at 6:35pm...
Big fish of the day was 4 1/2 lbs. Shad colors..

The bass are into their fall pattern chasing bait and fattening up for the coming winter. They were exploding on bait along the shore but the bass that were blowing up were the smaller bass... the better fish were on the outside of those fish in a little deeper water..
The times they are changing out there at Perris... The deep bite is still there but there are alot of fish on the bait right now closer to shore..

here are a couple pics..
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_1329.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_1330.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_1331.jpg

Nice job out there fellas!!!

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
(909) 510-5679

low dsrt jon
09-22-2009, 04:24 AM
Nice job Pete you caught them on my birthday, what size cranks were you using? What part of the lake? Thanks LDJ

Pete Marino
09-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Because of the limited time we had, I decided to work the length of the dam..
Basically started on one end and started firing away..
Ive also been out there 3-4 more times in the last 2-3 weeks and Ive been doing alot of the same stuff but in different areas..

Either work the rock on the Dam or work the grass edges along any other bank... The depth you are fishing the crankbait will determine the size of crank you use...i...e... smaller for shallow and bigger for deeper..

Pete :Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
(909) 510-5679

Ronira
09-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the info Pete, nice of you.

Vman
09-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Good info, Pete. I was just wondering if the fall pattern is happening yet ? Looks like it is.

Pete Marino
09-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Maybe you missed this part of my initial post...hahaha "The bass are into their fall pattern chasing bait and fattening up for the coming winter."...
Yep they are into their fall pattern..

JigStop
09-25-2009, 12:32 PM
It is kinda weird that California bass know its fall even though the weather is still bloody hot................

ddoskocil
09-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Whether they know it or not - as long as they're biting! I'm definitely hitting it tomorrow for the first time (after 3 failed attempts!). Got my crankbaits, topwater, and c-rigs ready! Pete - as always, nice going.

Pete Marino
09-27-2009, 06:32 PM
As far as the bass knowing that fall is coming.... the air temp was really starting to go down before this last heat wave. The nights are getting longer and cooler and the bass know that. Plus when the air temps go down some the shad become more active and come up out of deep water and the bass follow suit.
This last heat wave we had over the last week should be about it for the summer temps. Im sure we will have some more unseasonably hot temps but not like we just had.... Or at least i hope not. With the nights being longer and cooler the water temps will come down alot and the bite we be really good very soon.
I have a couple trips out there for this week... should be interesting...

diamondbear
09-27-2009, 06:53 PM
GREAT REPORT Pete , thanks .

ddoskocil
09-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Pete: I hope your last post was right....the heat wave was bad for the bass. I went out Saturday morning, 6am-11, no bass, a few bluegill, it got up to 100. We hit the tower (bouy line), the dam, and the island for no bass with topwater, cranks, and dropshot. No worries, though, I hope the weather had something to do with it, will be back at it soon.

Pete Marino
09-29-2009, 09:42 AM
The fall bite is fun and its nice to go fishing when its not 105 out there...

When you are out there, think outside the box and stay away from the community holes..