PDA

View Full Version : The alley cat & b.d.b. Back from the river

BULLDOGBOOGERS
09-21-2009, 08:26 AM
my good friend & fishing buddy cisco the alley cat...went down to the colorado river in blythe,ca...this past friday afternoon.....man was it hot..in blythe.....our first stop......was b & b bait shop to get our 18 goldfish...meal worms...ect.....we then drove to the mcintire camp ground to un-load the boat into the water.....it was going to be dark soon...so we didn't have a chance to catch our bait fish..."bluegills"......so we said heck with them we have goldfish & mac...and bigwilliemays....x.x.x. dip bait.........we fished out on the river till about 1:00 am saturday morning.....with no luck at all.......we then drove back in the dark to the back waters at mcintire.......nada ..not even a bite........early saturday morning around 6:30 am.....we started fishing for bluegills and caught 42 of them....and 3 bass and 1 striped bass....after that....we went out again to the main river and drove about 10 miles up stream.....and found a good spot.........within 15 min's the bulldog catches a 6 pound cat........30 min's later i catch one more.....all on bigwillies dip bait....... the alley cat is starting to get pissed because he is getting bites but no hook-ups......then his pole bends.....he gets the beast to the boat and it's a turtle......hehehe...to bad brother.......within 10 mi's after that he hooks a 8 pound flathead.....he now is happy......one hour after that........his clicker goes off on his big bertha rod.........he then catches a 25 pound flathead.........that was the biggest cat of our trip......and trust me.....i heard about it ....till we got back to corona california...... we sure had fun on the river together.....everybody should go once !!! you will love it !!! and you will be hooked !!!

scott "aka" bulldogboogers

scca
09-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Nice work out there guys !!!!

Lightning
09-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Great trip.Thanks for the photos & report.

PONTOON
09-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Scott, thanks for the report and pictures! I've been toying with the idea of giving the river a try and after seeing this, I've got to go.
Great job guys!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Troutman65
09-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Nice going out there . Congrats on the CATFISH. I like how you put the SCCA sign in the pics. :Cool::LOL::Wink:

Thanks for the report and pics.

BULLDOGBOOGERS
09-24-2009, 01:34 AM
thank you.........we going back this coming friday......for one day & one night trip.......got to get us some more flatheads......

SCOTT "aka" B.D.B.